Butter isnt bad for health and now it has increased 53% in price !!

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Probably not the right place for this.. however...

Health professionals for years have said that Butter is bad for us - Dairy farmers cut back on their herds and/or went out of business whilst consumers turned their attention to low fat spreads or margarine.

Now...

A US study published last year found eating butter had no effect on raising heart disease. It followed years of warnings from health professionals to stay away from it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4560734/Butter-prices-surge-53-huge-demand-

But it comes after a collapse in dairy prices last year saw many small dairy farmers in the UK and elsewhere sell up or switch to other types of food production – meaning there is not enough milk, cream and butter to meet customers' demands.

The wholesale price of butter is up by 88 per cent in a year, according to analysts Mintec, and this has fed through to supermarket shelves.

Manufacturers of butter-heavy foods such as shortbread, croissants and pastries are also being forced to raise prices. It has seen some cake and processed food firms looking into switching to cheaper alternatives.

Butter is no longer viewed as wholly 'bad for you', but rather part of healthy balanced diet.'

Mike Kruiniger, research associate at Euromonitor International, said: 'Butter is very much benefiting from the trend towards more natural products. Consumers are becoming increasingly weary of processed foods and products that claim unrealistic health benefits.

'In addition to the healthier image of butter compared to processed products, butter has also benefited from the home baking trend generated by shows such as The Great British Bake Off, and the fact that butter is seen as a more indulgent option.'

Meanwhile, thanks to the scaremongering - small dairy farmers have gone out of business and the Consumer is now forced to pay higher prices for not only the raw product - but anything that contains it !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest Mrs Hobbit

You can make your own butter using full fat cream and a mason jar, takes about 10 minutes. I bet they increase the price of cream once we thrifty housewives start making our own. I have always used butter, despite the scaremongering. Word of warning the majon jar butter wont be yellow and you have the added benefit of not having to buy buttermilk.

The price of butter went up a couple of months ago. I used to pay 79p for 250 grams at Lidl and now it is over 90p for 250 grams.

Now to get the Hobbit to start shaking the mason jar for 10 minutes.

Now to get the Hobbit to start shaking the mason jar for 10 minutes.

:lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

It's gone up because of inflation. No matter what we vote for, we can't get out of the interconnected world that is now, and in this world, a pound today buys you 22% less than it did in June 2015.

Even if the whole production cycle is encapsulated in Britain, prices are still changing with GBP exchange rate because UK exporters have an opportunity cost, etc...

BTW, I am on a ketogenic diet and I munch on whole butter packs. I've lost 2 stone and on my way to a sixpack.

My cholesterol and overall health has never been better. My mood and hunger levels are more stable too.

I've never bought any of those fake butters, they are a by-product of the petrol industry and a total attack on your cardiovascular system.