• Tweets

• Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
    • i have clarified your thread title and your post to make it easier to understand. if you have their engineers report, thats good enough. it will be their decision to repair, refund or replace. but they must under CRA do one of the above. to date how have you been in contacting the manu?  
    • Thank you both, I will make those changes. I have also downloaded the compensation list to add to the evidence and complete the protection bit off their website.  I am going to court next Thursday to deliver the bundle; I will confirm this on Tuesday. I have been to court a few times to represent the military when a soldier is in court, but I will be going. Thank you for all the additional advice. Once I have the whole bundle, I will email it to the admin email. Ill be honest, this is not about the money for me, I do not mind losing that, so I will not be signing a confidentiality agreement.   You guys are amazing
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Consumer Claim Line Ppi claims company. demanding payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I need some advice please.

Recently I replied to a direct mailshot from a Manchester-based PPI claim company called Consumer Claim Line.

I had had a credit card some 20 years or so ago (Capital One card) and I wanted to find out if I had paid PPI on the payments.

I returned the paperwork and thought to take advantage of their advertised "no claim no fee" offer to get this investigated.

A few weeks later received a reply saying that their preliminary findings were positive and that I should sign the enclosed form authorising them to investigate my claim further.

With this same reply paperwork enclosed was another form asking me to list any banks that I may have had accounts with in the past and they would look into these accounts too.

I signed the authorisation forms for the Capital One account and sent back the other form listing the Clydesdale bank although details of this and the Capital One account I was not able to furnish as I had no paperwork and no recollection of any details. They said that details weren't important as they had ways of tracing accounts.

A fortnight later I received correspondence from this company stating that their investigations showed that the Capital One account had previously been looked into (sometime in 2009 or 2010) and since I had not informed them of this they were invoicing me for a Cancellation penalty fee of £360 for wasting their time.

Along with this invoice were two additional "letters of authority" for two Clydesdale bank loans (taken out sometime in the 1990's (I think) which they wanted me to sign and return to them.

I telephoned them to explain that my claim on the Capital One account was made in good faith and that I had no recollection of having this investigated before

(I have good medical reasons for general memory impairment which I explained to them)

I asked them to therefore cancel this penalty fee they were demanding.

I also stated that as a consequence of the outcome of this first experience I didn't want to return the forms for the Clydesdale bank investigation as because of my memory impairment I could not guarantee that this case had not also been investigated in the past.

I had no recollection of this being the case but then again the same applied to the Capital One case.

The supervisor whom I was explaining this to was not sympathetic to my position in fact he adopted a rather aggressive and threatening stance,

threatening court action on non-payment of the penalty fee

saying that for every subsequent reminder-letter they sent me an additional £20 would be added to the cancellation fee invoice .

He further threatened that if I didn't send back the second set of "letters of authority" (for the Clydesdale bank loans) duly signed by myself a further £360 (each) of cancellation fees would be invoiced to me for payment.

A few days later I received out of the blue a phone call form the company (from the same supervisor) saying that they have reconsidered and that if I go to my doctor and get him to write a letter confirming that my medical condition and strong medication I have taken (over a period of over 20 years) have indeed led to among other things severe memory impairment.

I duly went to my GP and he wrote out a letter confirming what I had said, and I sent this doctor's letter in to the company.

A week or so later I received another phone call (again from the same supervisor as before)

and he now said that he would not accept my doctor's letter as he had met people before with the same condition that I suffered from and he didn't believe that it could cause memory impairment.

In other words he completely disregards a doctor's medical opinion on a patient he has been treating for 25 years in favour of his own unqualified prejudiced and generalised opinion of the condition I suffer from (the condition is in fact Severe Clinical Depression).

The decision stood he said and I now owe them 3 x £360 fees plus £20 further penalty on the first case ... a total of £1100.

Can they do this ?

Is there anything I can do about this ?

If nothing else maybe this post will warn others of this companies practices.

Regards,

Jackthehat

Edited by dx100uk

you ignore them

if they ring again state writing only

put the phone down.

you'll probably get a scary letter from some DCA or another.

a DCA are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

let them go to court if they wish the sheriff will eat them for breakfast

plus it will cost them more than what they want to come to Scotland anyway.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply to my somewhat long and waffling post.

If what you say is correct then you have put my mind at rest.

I have had numerous sleepless nights worrying about this.

I hope you are correct in your in your opinion of my situation.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jackthehat

we've seen this numerous times

its typically willy waving.

sadly they are greedy buggers.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Write to them and tell them to bring it on.

Write a letter of complaint to the M OJ

Which company are we talking about please

The first thing you must do is make a formal compliant to the company. If it's not resolved to your satisfaction within 8 weeks you can then take the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman who's decision will be binding. Doing nothing isn't a sensible option as it will be read as a sign of weakness and weakness is provocative. Attack is the best form of defence.

I don't know which company it is and so cannot comment on their terms & conditions but having read a lot of CMC contracts I've never seen one that a) allows the company charge for a previously made claim or b) permits a cancellation charge for the company themselves cancelling the claim.

Complaining to the MOJ (Claims Management Regulator) will only reult in them referring you to the Legal Ombudsman in any event.

You can contact the Legal Ombudsman for advice http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/contact-us/#contactourclaimsmanagementteam

Write to them and tell them to bring it on.

Write a letter of complaint to the M OJ

Which company are we talking about please

Hi,

The company is a Manchester-based PPI claims company called - Consumer Claim Line.

Well their website suggests that they check to see if you have paid PPI "for free". So IMHO, they don't really have a leg to stand on.

Irrespective of whether there had been an investigation previously or not - it could have been that the claim was originally rejected out of hand as so many companies were doing.. and you were still entitled to a refund.

For sure you do need to put in a complaint against them though as suggested by cjregg

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

The company is a Manchester-based PPIi claims company called - Consumer Claim Line.

Their website states that ''A fee may be payable should you fail to return information, cancel your claim outside of the cooling off period or fail to inform us of any previous claim'' but their terms & conditions don't seem to be available even though it's a regulatory requirement.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am posting this thread to give an update to what has happened concerning my dealings with Consumer Claim Line, the PPI claim company who had invoiced me over £1,000 for three PPI claims I asked them to investigate, one of which they said had been investigated before (around 8-9 years ago) and so were charging me with "wasting their time" on this claim,

The other two claims they are charging me for is for refusing to send back paperwork to them as I wasn't sure that the same situation would apply to these claims.

As I said in my previous post I have serious medical issues affecting my memory and wasn't aware that these had been looked at in the past.

I challenged these charges and produced a letter from my doctor (as they subsequently requested I do) to confirm what I told them.

However after all that they refused to accept my doctors letter and then added late payment penalties on to the charges that they were demanding.

I then made a formal complaint to one of the company partners and also to the Financial Ombudsman, about 8 weeks ago.

Today I received a reply from the company saying that they have denied my complaint.

However they did say that they would reduce the first invoiced charge (£360) to £80 and if then send back paperwork (letters of authority) for the second two claims (against the Clydesdale Bank - totaling £720 of charges) they would write these charges off as I had informed them that these claims had been looked into in the past.

I only found this out from a search for old financial paperwork I may squirreled away somewhere, after they sent a demand for payment on the first of my claims (above).

if I send back the two letters of authority for the second pair of claims they say they will reduce this demand from £720 to £0 and charge me £80 (instead of £360) for the initial claim, and so I would pay a total of £80 instead of £1100 as is the demand at present.

My question to you (anyone)

is should I agree to this,

send back the paperwork for the Clydesdale bank claims and pay the £80 for the Capital One initial claim,

or

should I stick to the advice given me after my first post on this site some weeks ago and refuse to pay anything as they don't have a leg to stand on legally that is ?

What advice would you give me , as I am at a loss to know what is the right thing to do ?

Cheers,

Jackthehat

Edited by dx100uk

you ignore them.

let them beg all they want

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

A number of weeks ago I posted about a Manchester-based PPI claims company (Consumer Claim Line) who sent me invoices demanding penalty charges on three PPI claims I had with them

(the first charge was because it was later discovered that this PPI claim had apparently been looked into previously around 10 years ago, the other two because I then refused to go any further with the other two claims after the initial stage as a consequence of what happened to the first claim).

They invoiced me .. £360, £360 and £360 for each (for wasting their time they claimed).

The advice I got from this forum was almost unanimous .. ignore it !

The update to my situation is .

. this morning I received two letters from this company .

. the first letter headed .. "NOTICE OF COURT ACTION" .

. concerns the first case and is threatening to refer my case to their legal team for possible county court action only now a further legal fees and arrears charge has been added to the original £360 bringing it up to £480.

The second letter is headed .. "PRE-COURT NOTICE" and concerns the other two cases (both against the Clydedale bank) and is threatening to bring further legal action on these cases unless I send back letters of authority to them (which I didn't do originally because of what happened with the first case) and if I don't send these back they are charging me £480 and £480 respectively and again this is £360 + £120 (twice !) arrears and legal fees for both.

So in total they are charging me (£1080 (original charge) + £360 (arrears) = £1440).

They are now threatening me with court action and they say I will also be liable to pay the above amount + any additional court costs which may accrue ... what should I do now ?

Can anyone help with some advice please.

Jackthehat

you ignore them

and they

• 7 months later...

hI ALL,

I's been a while since I visited the forum and a problem I had that i thought had gone away has surfaced again.

Here is a summary of my problem below ..

I have a problem which I had thought had gone away but now is back with a vengeance, and I wonder if you can help with some advice on what I should do.

Last year I thought I would reply to PPI recovery firm who promised a "No win no fee" service on potential PPI claims I may have had with Loans/Credit cards etc in the past.

With all the advertising on TV and in the press I thought what ha

ve I got to lose and so asked the company to look into several loans and credit cards I had taken out a long time in the past.

The PPI recovery company I dealt with in this instance is called CONSUMER CLAIM LINE.

They are a Manchester-based firm and all my paper and telephone correspondence went there.

I gave them the name of several credit cards and bank loans I had had in the past in response to their inquiries to me and signed the letters of authority they sent me to authorize them to inquire into these finances then sat back to await the outcomes.

One of the loans I asked to be checked was a loan with the Clydesdale bank and this turned out to have been looked into before (8 years ago, by another company, CONSUMER CLAIM LINE claimed).

I had (and still have) no recollection of this and so acted in good faith, however CONSUMER CLAIM LINE then invoiced me a bill form £350 for "wasting their time'.

As a consequence of this, as well as disputing this invoice I asked them to cancel the other PPI claims I had asked them to look into (as I couldn't be sure some of these hadn't been examined before like the Clydesdale bank loan (above).

I then proceeded to receive (in the following weeks) several other invoices, each for £350 for cancelling the claim inquiries. The total amount came to slightly over £1000.

I entered into correspondence with them disputing the fees they were claiming and also informed them that I have long-existing chronic medical conditions, both of a physical and mental nature which has required me to take large dosages of painkillers and anti-depressant medication which has had in the past, and indeed still has now a debilitating effect on my medium to long-term memory and so the fact that I had no memory of having these potential PPI claims looked into before was sincere.

Eventually CONSUMER CLAIM LINE agreed with me that if this was confirmed by my doctor in writing then they would waive the fees and cancel their invoices to me.

I went to my doctor and got the confirmation they required in writing and sent it on to CONSUMER CLAIM LINE head office in Manchester.

A day or two later I received a telephone call from a senior manager in CONSUMER CLAIM LINE to say that they were now not accepting the doctor's letter as they didn't believe that my condition and medication could have any effect on my memory and so the invoices for the fees they were claiming were still in effect.

The manager then stated that the only excuse they were now willing to accept was an official diagnosis of Alzheimers in writing.

After this I refused to speak to the company again and decided that I would not pay these unjustified fees they were levying on me. That was nearly a year ago and

now today I received a registered letter from a solicitors acting for CONSUMER CLAIM LINE that unless I pay the outstanding amount they are claiming within the next 7 days litigation proceedings will follow.

What can I do ?

Have you any advice ?

Would the fact that I live in Scotland have a bearing on the situation, I ask this as I think Scots law and English law deal with these situations differently ?

I would appreciate any information that might pertain to my situation you may think would help.

Regards,

Jackthehat.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

threads merged for the third time now

please keep to one thread!!

the situation is no different to the answers you got to your 1st thread last year.

ignore them.

and stay OFF the phone.

and they

Hi,

Sorry about the multiple threads .. it has been a while since I was on the forum last and never even thought that I may be using multiple threads. I will bear that in mind the next time I post.

One question though ... are you saying that the 'Litigation Notice' letter I received today from the solicitors is a bluff and I wont be taken to court ?

Regards,

Jackthehat

Edited by dx100uk

correct go read post 2 again

and they

you got a similar notice last year and nothing came of it. Theres a lengthy procedure they have to go through before they can go to court. None of these letters are part of it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D