Unknown Vets CCJ - Now HCEO and Debt collector writing to me at work

Debvfm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning All

I have come into my office this morning and sat on my desk (marked private and confidential) but that is a matter for me to deal with, is a letter to me from E Baring and Co regarding and Judgement and Warrant for the disputed vet bill.

One of the paragraphs which I find particularly concerning is:-

The judgement has been registered in the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines and cannot be removed until the Judgement is discharged in full. This Judgement will be registered against you for a period of six years unless paid in full. We are sure you will appreciate the implications of having a Judgement registered against you and the possible impediment with regards to seeking employment and obtaining credit in the future'.

In a nutshell they are looking to seek an attachment of earnings.

I am mortified so much so that I feel like handing in my notice at my job (I have been here 5 years).

Is there anything I can do?

Thanking you in advance.

J E Baring & Co are a firm of Solicitors, not a DCA that come under FCA rules. DCA's are not allowed to contact people at their place of work, if the debtor has not agreed to this and the debt is not related to the company they work for. Solicitors have no such requirement and will write to the place of work, if the debtor has not provided a current private residential address.

What you can do.

Phone the Northampton County Court Bulk Centre using the numbers contained in the auto link. They will provide the CCJ details, so you know when the claim was issued, which address it was sent, what the particulars of claim were, the amount of judgement and the date of judgement.

Once you have those details come back here with it.

The claimant was entitled to send the court claim to your last known residential address and then chase it up where you work. They would not send the court claim to your work address, as the claim did not relate to your employers work. The CCJ had to be registered against a private address you have provided.

The next step is whether you arrange to pay the CCJ or apply to have it set aside with reasons for defence. But get the CCJ details from the court first.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you could have prevented all this if you'd acted as advised in june.

so what did you do...bury your head hoping it would go away?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thread moved to General Legal Issues Forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It is for advice Deb, just some won't take action on the advice they're given.

Hope your OP went well and your recovery is going well?

How far have you got with exposing the vets, and the fact they don't hold a credit licence?

Did you sign the agreement they emailed?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

good reason for a set aside then.

now you've just got to counter the debt issue..

go ring northants bulk

ask for a copy of the CCJ and the claimform by email pdf

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Brilliant thank you. I will now I am finally back at work (god knows how long the letter had sat there as they had sent it to our accountants first) oh the shame.

I will get onto this.

As for the credit agreement from the vet there was none and none signed.

I was sent a link to a loan company which would lend me the money to pay the vet until the insurance paid out.

I am not even sure they should be suggesting this especially with someone who is an emotionally fragile state with a very sick horse.

Not fair at all on people.

They are NOT supposed to mention this, hence why you should report them for doing so.

I would also be making a formal complain to the VETS regarding this matter, and informing them you are seeking legal advice, with a view of taking them to court and suing them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

What can I sue them for?

Offering me the services of a loan company so that they can be paid?

The letter to the accountants was addressed to me but not marked private and confidential.

Should I contact the solicitors in the meantime?

lets assemble the info

love to see what their POC said...

and they