• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Amazon faulty laptop from USA - issing court claim under CRA

nuclearshark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hadn't updated this thread as there is still a lack of progress with this. However I can give the following updates and explain the processes I've gone through to get to where I am today.

I allowed their technical support to troubleshoot some of the issues I was having, but sadly this didn't help and has created new problems that didn't exist. The agent meant to call me back but did not. Apparently he left a voicemail which I find odd as my mobile SIM has that function disabled as I got tired of PPI voicemails.

In the end I got fedup as I hadn't received a promised payment or the replacement SSD drive so I started an N1 Claim Form against them out of jurisdiction. I filed the papers with Salford along with a new Help with Fees application.

To do this I needed to complete Form N1 and Form N510 to file against a USA Company. Because the contracts both parties agreed to specify Luxemburg or UK Courts then my understanding is that the claim can be served without the need to request permission of the court. To do this one uses the N510 form and serves this along with the N1 form to Salford.

For anyone doing this you need to include an extra copy for every claim form you complete. So if there is 1 claimant and 1 defendant, then you include 3 forms. 1 for the Court File, 1 for the Defendants and 1 for your file.

When completing the N510 there were 2 options but I went with:

In proceedings to which CPR 6.33(2)(a) and 6.33(2)(b)(ii) apply, the statement is:

(a) no proceedings between the parties concerning the same claim are pending in the courts of any other part of the United Kingdom or any other Member State; and

(b) the defendant is not a consumer, but is a party to a consumer contract within article 17 of the said Regulation.”

Signed and dated it.

The court then returned the forms to me stamped and completed and advised me I needed to serve these on the defendant myself. I sent them their copy by Royal Mail Tracked and Signed for and they received these on the 19/11/2018. As they arrived at 10:44 which is before 16:30 they are classed as served the same day. As the defendant is outside of jurisdiction they are allowed 21 days to file an Acknowledgement of Service.

Since they have received these forms they have paid out £91.10 and sent a new 2TB SSD but refuse to do anything further to assist other than technical support. This isn't going to fix the casing crack that has appeared nor the shockingly poor battery life. I have since taken the machine to an independent IT provider (I used to work as an IT Manager but wanted someone elses input) who agreed the crack had not occurred as a result of the machine being dropped and was likely caused by fatigue in the plastic moulding itself.

Needless to say I requested judgment but as they are outside the of jurisdiction the court advised me I needed to file an N225, N215 and N244 to request the judgement. The N225 is basically the request for judgement. The N215 is the proof of service. I also included the tracking number on the form and a printout of delivery from USPS. The N244 is an application that costs £100 to request the court issue judgment. A separate Help with Fees application is also required. This can be done online and the application number written into a box on the form.

Currently I am waiting for the Court to issue judgment but I doubt I'll get this before the new year.

Once I have judgement I then make an EJ-115 application to the Courts of California to have the judgment recognised by the California Courts. Whilst the company claim they have responded to the claim, the court denies this. Either way this will come to a hearing whether in the USA or the UK. I'm travelling to Canada in February and my intention is to time case this along with those plans and I don't think they are expecting this.

They can oppose the EJ-115 application but having looked at the form and into Case Law I doubt they will get very far. But US Law is a very tricky thing to understand so I might need to consider an Attorney in the USA. I'm not sure on that bit yet as I'd like to keep this as much as Litigant in Person as possible.

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/ej115.pdf

How to Object: (a) Any objection to the recognition and entry of the tribal court money judgment shall be served and filed within 30

days of service of the notice of filing. If any objection is filed within this time period, the superior court shall set a time period for replies and

set the matter for a hearing. The hearing shall be held by the superior court within 45 days from the date the objection is filed unless good

cause exists for a later hearing. The only grounds for objecting to the recognition or enforcement of a tribal court money judgment are the

grounds set forth in subdivisions (b) and ©.

(b) A tribal court money judgment shall not be recognized and entered if the respondent demonstrates to the superior court that at least one

of the following occurred:

(1) The tribal court did not have personal jurisdiction over the respondent. -

This is the Terms and Conditions the seller agreed to, which reference EU Courts so Jurisdiction is givenhttps://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/201190440?language=en-GB&ref=mpbc_3216781_cont_201190440

(2) The tribal court did not have jurisdiction over the subject matter.

See annotation above as Jurisdiction over the subject matter is proved.

(3) The judgment was rendered under a judicial system that does not provide impartial tribunals or

procedures compatible with the requirements of due process of law.

If anything I would have thought that UK Small Claims Courts could be seen as a fairer venue than California Small Claims Courts. Having read about Small Claims Courts you generally cannot have an Attorney present you case, whereas in the UK you can...

© The superior court may, in its discretion, decline to recognize and enter a tribal court money judgment on any one of the following

grounds:

(1) The defendant in the proceeding in the tribal court did not receive notice of the proceeding in sufficient time to enable the

defendant to defend.

They had 21 days to acknowledge and a further 2 weeks to defend... 5 weeks total, more than 1 month.

(2) The judgment was obtained by fraud that deprived the losing party of an adequate opportunity to present its case.

Not relevant to this case. Pre Action Protocol was followed to the letter.

(3) The judgment or the cause of action or claim for relief on which the judgment is based is repugnant to the public policy of the state or of the

United States.

N/A

(4) The judgment conflicts with another final and conclusive judgment.

N/A

(5) The proceeding in the tribal court was contrary to an agreement between the parties under which the dispute in question was to be determined otherwise than by proceedings in that tribal court.

N/A

(6) In the case of jurisdiction based on personal service only, the tribal court was a seriously inconvenient forum for the trial of the action.

Now they could argue this. But they also agreed to submit to jurisdiction of EU Courts in their terms and conditions. However I could reasonably argue that the defendants are a Company and being a consumer that a trial in the USA was a seriously inconvenient venue. I could further argue that they could have hired a Solicitor to defend a hearing in the UK if they wished.

(7) The judgment was rendered under circumstances that raise substantial doubt about the integrity of the rendering court with respect to the

judgment.

N/A

(8) The specific proceeding in the tribal court leading to the judgment was not compatible with the requirements of due process of

law.

N/A

(9) The judgment includes recovery for a claim of defamation, unless the court determines that the defamation law applied by the tribal

court provided at least as much protection for freedom of speech and the press as provided by both the United States and California

Constitutions.

Not applicable to this case.

(d) If objections have been timely filed, the applicant has the burden of establishing that the tribal court money judgment is entitled to

recognition. If the applicant has met its burden, a party resisting recognition of the tribal court money judgment has the burden of establishing

that a ground for nonrecognition exists pursuant to subdivisions (b) or ©.

Again I believe I can prove this beyond any reasonable doubts with just some of the arguments above.

I also checked with the California Courts about Help with Fees applications and they believe I would be elidable to apply out of Country as my income is below their threshold after currency conversion. So while the company may appeal this application in the hope I don't continue because of the fees, they are mistaken as it's only going to cost me time and effort at the end of the day.

I also recently offered to waive all interest accrued to bring the matter to a close. They declined the offer.

I think that covers everything so far, just to summarise I am now waiting for the Judgement certificate before pursuing this in the USA Courts. I'll ask again for payment before doing this but I doubt I'll get anywhere. Once I have filed an EJ-115 I'll update this thread.

If anyone would like to see my PoC's or any of the forms I've completed then please do let me know as I'm happy to provide them minus personal details etc.

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update. I'm having a real headache with this now because the Courts have well and truly made a complete hash of my case.

I filed action in the County Court against the company via Salford County Court Money Claims Centre. As the defendant is in the USA I had to self serve them the papers which I did by registered and tracked post. They received them and contacted me but to date an amicable agreement has not been made.

Fast forwards and after 3 weeks I heard nothing from them so I requested judgment by default. I was advised to complete forms N225, N215 and N244 with a £100 fee to request judgment outside of jurisdiction.

It later transpired a day after I filed these documents the court received a part admission of the claim with supplementary defence. I rejected the part admission as it did not satisfy my situation.

I received my Judgment against them on 04/01/2019. A few days later I received a letter saying someone had Set Aside the Judgment because I had not satisfied CPR 12 and CPR PD 12. I filed a complaint against this as this is what the N244 and N215 was for. It was referred back to a Judge for a second time who states the Judgment should remain set aside as a defence has been filed and an Affidavit was not filed (Which I was told was the N215)

It has taken the Courts nearly 2 months to investigate this and I am really frustrated as I am no closer to a hearing or judgment.

The bit that annoys me is the Court sent the part admission documents back to the defendant as a judgment had already been entered. So why is the Judge saying this should be considered in any event?

It is probable the case is now stayed. I requested this be delayed due to the time it is taking to investigate the complaint. However the courts have been tediously slow in managing my case and am at a loss what to do now.

I'm aware I can apply to have the Stay lifted for £255 (I have help with fees eligibility) but the principle is this seems to be their mistake.

TL';DR

Judgment granted

Defence Filed and Part Admission

Judgment set aside due to not satisfying CPR 12 (When it had been)

Complaint made and Set Aside remains

No idea if the case is Stayed or not

Court being tediously slow resolving this

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger: