Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2017

Default Cabot/Restons - Stayed Case resurfaces

Hi, hope someone can help.

This is in regards of a 'stayed' case from August 2016 Via the county courticon Business Centre.
    Cabot/Restons
    At the time I requested documents those being:

1. Agreement/Contract
    2. Default Notice
    3. Assignment

These never arrived within the period of 12 days, then a further 30 days.
    I went on to deliver my defence and ultimately the case was 'Stayed'

Present day:
    I have just received a photocopy of a credit agreement with spreadsheet statements from Cabot who now which to 'discuss the options available for this account.'

My initial concern is the photocopy of the agreement, in that it has clearly had something stuck over part of the section 'YOUR SIGNATURE REQUIRED' with what clearly looks like a faxed signature of who ever was signing off on the agreement, although I am unsure if this is normal practice?

Also the spreadsheet is very basic with no opening balance/closing balance or written indication to the amount of initial credit and whether this was increased/decreased over time during the period of the agreement?

Per my original request during court proceedings they have not supplied 'Default Notice',
    'Assignment', although I'm sure this would be a request I would make again should the 'Stay' get lifted and it goes back to court.

Any help in this matter would be most appreciated.
    Thank you.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Cabot/Restons - Stayed Case resurfaces

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues Forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Could you possibly scan and redact what you have received and post here?

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

Hi Andy, thanks for the quick response.

Is that all documentation including spreadsheets and agreement and if so I assume I would scrub out any names and AC No. and the like?

Cheers.

Basic Account Holder
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

Ok that was a yes to scrub "redact" :/

Basic Account Holder
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

Hi Andy, Ok here are the scans of two letters (came in same envelope), pg1 and pg2 of agreement, one being the signed page. I did notice that the signed page looked like it wasn't part of the rest of the agreement as the text was of poor quality, yet all the others where easily readable. If you want the rest let me know. Also have done an enlarged section of the signing area, where clearly something isn't quite right?

Thanks again for your help.

Attached Files

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Cabot/Restons - Stayed Case resurfaces

Read uploadicon and put them all in one multipage PDFicon please and attach else well be here all day downloading single page downloads

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Where's the rest of it?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

Sorry I'm confused, apart from the 5 page PDFicon attached what else did you want to see? and I'll sort it.

the rest of the CCA return - that's not compliant - lots missing.
    so that's all they sent?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

thread tidied

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

It does look like an overlay...but thats irrelevant if your signature is correctly positioned....the fact that their signature is there is to simply execute the agreement on that date.

Creditors used ink stamp to execute for speed

Can you recall the date you signed it ? It stated that it must be signed and returned by the 31st Aug 2012....the overlay executes it on the 3rd Aug 2012.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

OK, updated with all agreement pages.

It includes the first spreadsheet statement but does not show initial credit limit or any changes to that during that period.
    Also no statement of of how the figure they've come up with was reached.

Can't remember the date of signing, although the spreadsheet would suggest within time.

Again thank you, let me know if you require any info from the original case or anything else for that matter.

Attached Files
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had a look at the PDFicon and have any thoughts, suggestions ? thanks.

doesn't sit right with me
    says unregulated credit agreement with an application form.
    lots of charges and ROP to reclaim there too!

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Its Regulated by the CCA1974 ?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyorch View Post
    Its Regulated by the CCA1974 ?
    Ok, so sorry but what does that mean for me?

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    wrong word there... the T&C page 4 says unexecuted ..

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    bigtrouble2017 Novitiate

OK, not sure if your referring to pg4 of the agreement or pg4 of the PDFicon? if you are referring to pg4 of the PDFicon, this to me is illegible with parts of the signature section obscured by a stuck on overlay. Would I be within my rights to request a legible copy of the signed agreement showing my own written representation of the date and other possibly important information that has been masked out by the overlay? Why would they not have a second signatory box for the person signing off on the agreement?

In reference to the ROP this seemed to stop 6 months in based on the spreadsheets.

Thanks again.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details