Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Bought Misleading Online Course Based In USA

have you referred Tesco to actual evidence numerous other card providers have honoured section 75 claims

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    pacmanman Novitiate

Cagger since : May 2017

Ok thanks - glad it is not too late will do that today.

Basic Account Holder
    pacmanman Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    have you referred Tesco to actual evidence numerous other card providers have honoured section 75 claims
    They were not interested in seeing it when I said I can give them the evidence, The Ombudsmanicon said it didn't matter either.

I gave them an independent review from an organisation that showed it was misleading, then I showed them the webinar and pointed out what was misleading and they were uninterested. I also gave them other information too. I do not think that they even watched the webinar - they seemed very uninterested in what I provided.

Basic Account Holder
    pacmanman Novitiate

Tesco gave me a glasgow address to write to but the money claim only allows for england and wales addresses. Not sure what address to put down for tesco - any advice on how I go about getting an england address? Thanks for help

Could I just send it to this one: Tesco PLC
    Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA

Or does it need to be the Tesco bank one..if so that one is glasgow and I am not sure what to do as money claim only allows england/wales address.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

tesco bank in scotland.
    Moneyclaim allows you to sue someone in scotland if english law was used to create contract. you can sue someone in singapore if english contract, you will just struggle enforing

Basic Account Holder
    pacmanman Novitiate

It's telling me it has to be an english address when I try to enter it into the moneyclaim form online though?

I did get a response from tesco bank and they gave me a newcastle address but said it would be forwarded to the scotland one so I am wondering if thats ok or I should definitely make sure its the scotland one?

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Is this the one?

Tesco Bank
    Q8 Building
    Quorum Business Park
    Longbenton
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    NE12 8BU

If so, that'll do as even the "customer service centre" is part of the TB group. Once you issue a claim, expect someone at Tesco to sit up and take notice fairly quickly. As I said, I doubt that they'll want to throw any money at this so will probably just settle.

Settling for the 600 will mean that you lose your 25 or whatever it is for issuing the claim, but you'll only be 25 down and not 600!

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Site Team stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2010

This Companies House Link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00445790

Confirms the above post is correct as it is Tesco Plc Registered Office Address and you also have there company number

Basic Account Holder
    pacmanman Novitiate

Thanks everyone for the help. I have done it and will update with how it goes.

Basic Account Holder
    pacmanman Novitiate

Tesco have responded intending to defend the claim so have 28 days to file their defence.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    pacmanman Novitiate

Received settlement letter from Tesco today. So getting the full amount back. So only down the small claimsicon fee of 60.

Thanks for everyones help. Glad its finally over and I got it back.

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

Tell them as you had to issue the court claim, and they could have settled before, that you want the 60 claim fee back too, or the case proceeeds.......

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    pacmanman Novitiate

They've written that my claim is without merit but are mindful of Civil Procedureicon rules which obliges parties to try and resolve where possible.

They've also written "This offer is made on a commercial basis with no admission of liability......If you do not accept this settlement offer we reserve the right to bring the contents of this letter to the attention of the court on the issue of costs. In the unlikely event that you succeed at trial but fail to be awarded more than this offer then we intend to seek an order requiring you to pay the Bank's costs, together with interest on those costs.

I thought that if you go by small claimsicon that they can't claim for costs? Is this an empty threat?

They also wrote that the settlement will be subject to a Tomlin order to be agreed between the parties.

I have no idea what a Tomlin order is.

Not sure if it is worth pursuing the 60 but would be interested to hear perspective on this.

Thank you

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

They CAN ask for costs if they win. It is very unlikely they'd get them as:

a) you have to behave entirely unreasonably to have costs awarded against you in the small claimsicon track, and you haven't

b) even then, costs are at the court's discretion, and if they've offered you the settlement sum (even without admitting liability), and that was what they could have offered you and what you were asking for prior to issuing the claim : you'd have settled if they'd done so, so to seek costs is unreasonable,

c) as this is the small claims track they can't use a part 36icon offer (as they can't do it, I wouldn't worry too much about it) but they are trying to add pressure as if they were making a part 36 offer, even though they know it is a bluff.

A Tomlin order is also known as a consent order. It means the case gets stayed as long as the parties stick to the agreement. That way it doesn't ever get to trial, so expect them to ask for a confidentialityicon clause (whereas if it goes to trial the facts and verdict become a matter of public record........)

Follows
    Following

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly1967 View Post
    For 600 they'll probably just settle it without a fight to be honest, it would cost them more to defend than the claim is worth.
    I wonder if I can do the same with tonight's Lottery numbers

To be perfectly honest, if all you've lost is 60, that's a hell of a lot better than 600. I'm not sure that it's worth the bother of continuing. Don't get me wrong, I think you'd probably win, but is it worth the trouble?

Basic Account Holder
    pacmanman Novitiate

Thanks for the insight.

I have decided to accept. It has been nearly a year now dragging this out so I will just go with it. I think I would have pushed for the 60 when I was younger..but I consider this a win without having to push for it.

Thanks agian everyone - very much appreciated the responses and insight. I will know how to handle this and hopefully more swiftly if anything like this ever happens again.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details