PIP Claim, Should I bother making it at all?

Heckler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Again could you clarify whether you asked their permission and signed an agreement before the assessment or you only informed them that your were recording when they arrived to carryout the assessment.

I also refer to your post#18 where you state "I set up my recording device and she threw a wobbly... even after I told that it was fine and that she could have a copy of the recording as per their 'demands".

If you have not followed the process in the link in post#25 on Audio Recording and didn't get permission nor sign an agreement beforehand.

The difficulty is the assessors that came out to do the assessment and as soon as they knew you were recording have actually ended your assessment due to recording.

This is only an assumption that they could class it as you have failed to take part in the assessment (due to recording) but that is DWPs decision that will be why it may be sent back to a DWP Decision Maker for a Decision on you claim.

Please also remember to have a look at the CAG Mandatory Reconsideration lik I also posted

This does not stop you chasing them for an definitive answer.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Let me clarify things...

They made the initial appointment for 20th Oct to carry out the assessment..

. they failed to turn up.

No apology or cancellation...

simply never turned up.

I'd arranged for some one to be present for that appointment.

I then get a letter for another appointment that arrived just a few days before the appt was due, and was unable to get anyone to be present at that one.

.. Hence the requirement for recording.

This was explained to them but there wasn't enough time to get any forms sorted out to get permission to record it.

The woman that arrived wasn't told of this and she called her supervisor and even though she could have a copy of the recording.

I don't know the exact details of that call...

but it appears that their communication regarding it wasn't very good.

She said that unless I stopped the recording she wouldn't carry out the assessment and that she had other appts to get to and couldn't wait around for a copy to be made.

The fact it's a question of plugging the device into a usb port,

transferring the file and burning it to a CD...

which takes a few mins...

or could be transferred directly to her computer (takes a few seconds)...

wasn't acceptable to her,

and I got the impression that any excuse to stop the assessment was jumped upon...

Maybe it's just the paranoid and cynical side in me...

but gotta do anything to save the gov some money and meet those refusal targets. :/

I spoke to the DWP yesterday and the file HASN'T been passed back to them at all,

They are going to chase Capita to try and arrange a new assessment in the new year.

The DWP have heard nothing from Capita at all regarding my claim and it's been 2 months,

they said they expect to hear within days or a couple of weeks if they were passing it back to DWP.

Hello there.

I understand your issues, but I'm still not clear whether you asked the DWP about having the assessment recorded. I'm sure someone here will have a link to the DWP rules about recording assessments. My feeling is that they would normally record it rather than you, but I'm happy to be corrected. Something I do think is that the DWP/Capita etc have to know in advance.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Update from the DWP, Capita have kinda reset the process and I'm now waiting for them to arrange an assessment... Providing I get enough notice I can arrange to have some one present.. it's Capita messing me around and not turning up that caused this whole problem.

So now I wait... again.

HB

It in the link in post#25

Have a read of this link and go near bottom of webpage and read 'Audio Recording': http://www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/assessment-process.html

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 4 weeks later...

I had my assessment finally after all this hassle... waiting to hear the outcome.

.. Wasn't impressed with the way it was dealt with..

The deliberately vague questions that are designed to make out you can do tasks...

I get repeating that I couldn't do things repeatedly,

safely and properly and so forth,

was unable to prepare 3 proper meals a day from scratch and cannot shower because of the way my bathroom is laid out.

.. so showering involves a 50m round trip to my nearest friend/family..

. other wise it's a strip wash at the sink with a sponge on a stick.

Still expecting it to be denied...

because that's what they do.

.. automatically deny everyone and hope you don't appeal.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update... PIP has been awarded until Jan 2021, and I got both the standard rate and the mobility rate, which means an extra £77 a week to help me out. This will make all the difference.

• Like 1