Should shop direct debt be marked as default?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new here so hoping I'm writing in the correct place.

I was hoping someone could help me with a query I have regarding a shopdirect/very account I have.

Back story - I fell into financial difficulty a couple of years ago and have 6 creditors and a large outstanding debt balance.

5 of the 6 creditors have defaulted my accounts and they show as such on my credit file

however shop direct haven't, it says 'up to date'

but when you go in to the details there's red marks with differing codes that cover the period since I stopped making the contractual payments.

Now although I'm the one that's not kept up their end of the deal and not in a position to moan as such I think it's unfair and going to be more detrimental to my credit file in years to come that I haven't been defaulted.

Am I able to make them back date a default date online with all my other creditors in the hope that in 6 years time I can leave this mess behind me or can they keep this going for as long as they wish,

the balance has spiralled out of control and I will be lucky to have paid it up in 6 years so feels like I'll have to wait double time to get this to disappear if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

WHEN did you last pay them? Last week, last month, last year??

It's true that default markers should be placed in a timely manner, but this isn't your biggest issue.

How are you financing these six debts?

Who are you paying?

Are they still with the original creditor (OC) or have they been farmed out to powerless debt collectors (DCA's)?

What exactly are these debts, and when where they first taken out?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.

I have been paying via stepchange - initially £5 per month, then went to token payments and have this month started paying £5 per month to each creditor again. I've never technically missed a payment in the sense of always given something even if only £1 but the monthly payments are supposed to be £200+ To very alone.

Very is with nco although when I called them to ask to speak to someone about this issue they said it was nothing to do with them so guessing it's a front and not actually been sold on yet.

The debts are credit cards and the shop direct account and were all taken out 2010 onwards I think. I've never heard a word from the other debts, never called or hassled me just accepted my situation, defaulted the debts and take what they're given without question.

Thanks

you should not be talking on the phone to powerless DCA's

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS.

and have not legal powers.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...