AO.com Faulty Samsung Washer Dryer VRT Plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bough a Samsung Washer Dryer from AO.com November 2015. It comes with a 2 year warranty. Bought using AO's finance to be paid over 2 years. So 6 months warranty and 6 payments left.

A few months ago the dryer started becoming less and less effective. It has also started vibrating badly despite my efforts to relevel it. Then 2 weeks ago half way through a wash it stopped with an error leak sensor detetor. Water trickles out from under the machine and it won't work.

Phoned Samsung on the Friday and they sent a 3rd party engineer out on the Wednesday.

Engineer says the detergent drawer has been slowly leaking probably from new. There is extensive rust inside the machine and limescale all over everything. Externally the machine still looks like new.

The dryer motor is only getting half voltage which has damaged it. Probably due to water going all over the motherboard which also needs replacing.

The pressure switch needs replacing.

The pump / sump is leaking and needs replacing.

The struts have been rubbing against the concrete block and the rubber has completely worn away causing the vibrating.

He wanted to order in all these parts from the Netherlands and come back to fix it. I said no I want a new machine, especially as the rusty chassis can't be replaced.

Engineer was understanding and said they have to send a report off to Samsung for authorisation and that's the last we heard.

He also left the machine in the middle of the room and when I went to move it back I realised its because all the vinyl tile floor underneath is ruined.

Where do I go from here? We've had no working machine for 2 weeks now and it's driving us crazy. We are using laundrettes and family but it's starting to get costly and extremely inconvenient.

We have 2 young kids and a puppy. We got the most expensive machine on the market at £1100 because we expected reliability and for the big drum size. To be fair the first year it was fantastic my wife says its the best thing we ever bought.

This is half a rant and half a what should my next steps be to get this resolved asap?

Many thanks

Our UK Call Centre from ao.com

ao.com/services/uk-call-centre.aspx

Our call centre is based in Bolton, and our team of experts are on hand Monday to Sunday, 8am until 10pm to deliver the best customer service around.

ring them now shows open Sunday contact centre to 10 p.m. Call us on

0344 324 9222

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

World Plc

Mr John Roberts CEO

Email [email protected]

Telephone 01204 672400

Switchboard 01204 672400

Website http://www.ao.com

Social Media T

See also Customer Services for AO World Plc

Related lists UK Companies / UK FTSE 250 Companies

Advice from CEOemail.com Hints and Tips on how to write your email to the CEO

Managed to get through to somebody by entering wrong details. They said nothing they can do until they have spoken to Samsung to see the results of the engineers report. They closed today, promised to call them first thing tomorrow and get back to me.

still e-mail CEO as there is more [problems than faulty machine ie, flooring and possible claim? just complain about faulty machine for now then you have it on record they are responsible at this stage.

Staff at AO have been really helpful, but are blaming everything on Samsung.

Samsung engineer came out Wednesday, report due within 48 hours

Sunday did not have the engineers report yet

Monday still no report,

samsung tell AO the engineers are too busy and to phone back after 4.

Half 4, engineers report inconclusive, engineer finished for day, phone back tomorrow

Tuesday Samsung is pushing for a repair,

AO escalates this as they agree it should be replaced.

Samsung say this will take 48 hours.

I feel like AO is on my side,

they have given me £50 compensation which will not influence my claim.

They said the engineers report should immediately have shown it was beyond repair.

They want to replace all the major components and leave me with a rusted chassis.

Plus the replacement parts would have to be specially ordered in from abroad.

Been promised a call back in the morning.

AO say they will have a new machine out the following day once Samsung has approved it.

I've had enough and want a new washing machine immediately.

Should I send an LBA to AO?

Not sure how to word that.

Thanks

doesn't work like that sadly

court claims can take months even a year

you'll have to let it run.

don't forget to pull the paying to use the launderette petrol costs etc etc.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok so Samsung are adamant on repairing the machine, despite their own engineer, myself and the store saying that is not an option.

How can I refuse this? They want to replace the many faulty components but can't do anything about the rusted chassis.

Ao say the best way to fight it will be to argue that it is an unnaceptable time to wait for the parts (which are all coming from abroad) and an engineer.

tell AO you'll stop paying if the machine is not replaced.

its on HP it DONT WORK!!

they own it, they not the makers decide its fate!!

offer to let them take you to court where you'll be sure to let the judge know how badly you've been treated as well as via the press.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...