HSBC chasing CCJ

ConsumerMark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story short, CCJ for just under £9000 which dropped off the file in December 2016.

HSBC have put more effort into chasing the debt after the 6 years than they did before!

Latest letter received threatens a debt collection agency if they dont make a payment (reduced settlement).

Im pretty sure that they have had their chance and would need to go back to court and explain why they didnt try to enforce the CCJ before, am I right?

sure HSBC got the CCJ? and are whom evers chasing now's stated client?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

An action cannot be brought on any judgment after the expiry of 6 years from the date it became enforceable.

The term “action” only applies to the commencement of fresh proceedings on a judgment, it does not include enforcement proceedings so, strictly speaking, for enforcement purposes and enforcement proceedings, no limitation period applies.

However, any delay in enforcement on the part of the judgment creditor will affect any award of interest as recoverable interest is limited to 6 years on a judgment that is executed after the expiry of the 6 year period.

Court permission is required to enforce a judgment debt that is more than 6 years old. In a particular case of Warrants of Execution, these must be renewed after 12 months if they have not been enforced.

Further, the court is entitled to take account of delay and enforcement when exercising its discretion to grant any Order sought.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

sure HSBC got the CCJ? and are whom evers chasing now's stated client?

Yes, they were granted a CCJ which has now dropped off the file.

The letter does mention a client, even though it is printed on HSBC headed paper.

* I cant post images as I am too new here

Which Debt collector sent the letter?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Paul Kavanagh, HSBC Litigation dept

Cant post image, but quote...

"As you have failed to pay the outstanding judgement debt and costs, we have been asked by our client to instruct a debt collection agency to recover this debt.

There is another solution. If you are able to pay £*****, our client is prepared to accept this sum in final settlement, providing payment is made in 10 days.

yada

yada

yada"

So letter not from a DCA,,,from HSBC advising they will instruct one.

Horse is already dead...see my post #3

Thank you Andy.

It is strange that HSBC appear to have done nothing while the CCJ was live and yet in the past few months have sent a total of 4 letters asking for a payment.

Seems a waste of time for them, is it worth telling them not to bother or just file and ignore and further correspondence?

I personally would ignore...until such time it is confirmed by the court that they have requested permission...and most certainly ignore the impending DCA they are intending letting loose on it.