Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    nervousneris Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2017

Is that 14 working days or do weekends count as days?

Nothing from them so far. Is there a specific method of going for strike out in these circumstances? Eg; is there a template to be adapted / other examples that can give an indication of how one would go about this?

Cheers,

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2008

Default Re: PDC - Property Debt Collection Claimform

14 calendar days.

You would need to pay £255 and draft an application to strike out, but with less than 14 days to go at that point you might be better off to just raise it with the Judge at the very start of the hearing.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    nervousneris Novitiate

Gannymede;

Thank you. We will do just that if need be. Someone called my wife today from PDC Law (she missed the call but googled the number).

The witness statements and evidence we have sent is pretty conclusive and they received it today (Cuerden yesterday).

It may be totally coincidental but, they didn’t have her number so must have searched for it online, wouldn’t be difficult to find based on address as it’s published. We don’t know what they may have wanted but the next few days may be interesting, we’ll see if they try and communicate via post.

Hearing date is 1/06/18 so if it’s 14 calendar days then to be filed before then means by end of court day tomorrow.

It may be just a tad premature but given the call and them signing for the file from us today (which included the statements and all evidence we rely on) perhaps they may be willing to talk now which is something they have categorically refused to take part in.

I’ll post again in the next week, see what happens. Thanks for advice re the strike out, we’ll mention it at the time if need be.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    nervousneris Novitiate

Today they have filed their witness statements and the evidence they rely on.

They are late and have waited until we sent ours first by the looks of it.

They have denied being invited to Mediationicon (I forgot to add a copy of the appointment in the pack but we do have it from the end team). Just wonder if the court might accept it late given the claimants lateness.

I doubt we would get the court to act on the failure to file on time. They have left it a little late. CPR doesn’t seem to mean too much I guess.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    nervousneris Novitiate

Default Re: PDC - Property Debt Collection Claimform

End = med team (phone generated text).

Gold Account Holder Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by nervousneris View Post
    Today they have filed their witness statements and the evidence they rely on.

They are late and have waited until we sent ours first by the looks of it.

They have denied being invited to Mediationicon (I forgot to add a copy of the appointment in the pack but we do have it from the end team). Just wonder if the court might accept it late given the claimants lateness.

I doubt we would get the court to act on the failure to file on time. They have left it a little late. CPR doesn’t seem to mean too much I guess.
    When did you receive them?

I doubt you'll get the case struck out for a day or two. It wouldn't be proportionate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details