Credit Resolution Service (CRS) / Harlands asking for £560

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Read some posts here to get an idea of what I'm dealing with.

I joined the gym late December and had 1 month free then my first payment went in January 2017 for £30ish. It was a 12 month contract.

I cancelled my membership in January as I sustained an injury and was not sure when I could be back in.

I messaged the gym yesterday who said to go contact Harlands (which I'm not doing unless suggested to me by you guys)

The letter states

"We have been employed by the gym as your membership remains in arreas despite previous letters being sent to you. As a result of this, our fees totalling £145 have been added therefore your account balance now stands at £560"

This is the first and only letter I have received from them by the way.

What should I do?

Hope this won't affect my credit rating.

Thanks for your replies.

Read the other threads about harlands. They cannot touch you at all and definitley wont touch your credit file.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

slick132 letter offering one months payment as you ideally should give 30days notice before cancelling

but no unlawful admin fees

write do not email

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just about every other thread here has it.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi NGG and welcome to CAG

Use this but adapt it to reflect your own case :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my membership at xxx gymicon in [Town].

I cancelled my direct debit mandate in January 2017 because I sustained an injury and my GP said I should not use the gym for the foreseeable future moving away. I informed the gym of my circumstances and they told me to contact you. However, I have no obligation to contact Harlands, having told the gym of my need to cancel.

I now realise I should have made one final payment for the February 2017 payment and offer to pay this to you now. I will not pay you any administration or cancellation fees that you are asking for as these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

If you confirm in writing that you'll accept the amount of £xx.xx in settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly. If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any other payment, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.

Yours faithfully,

Get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when you post this to Harlands Haywards Heath address.

Keep us posted but do not reply at all to Harlands/CRS unless we tell you to.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi, I have made changes to the letter.

I will post the letter today. Should it be typed on a computer and then posted or hand written? Should I sign it?

I also received a phone call and an email few days ago which I didn't pick up or reply to.

Thanks everyone for your help.

PC printed the lot inc sig

and they

Ignore any phone calls and/or emails.

If you answer a call and it's Harlands/CRS, simply hang up - no need to do anything else.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I listened to everyone here and sent them a letter but CRS did not even acknowledge it.

I received a letter today saying that if I fail to respond to this letter, they will have no option but to pursue further action.

The two options are

A. Legal Action

1 They write formal letter about what they are demanding and give final chance to pay

2 If this fails then matter goes to Country court

3 I can make a payment ending elgal process or dispute some or all of amount owed

4 If I dispute amount owed, court process will continue at which court would make a decision on claim

5 A strict court imposed timescale will apply for court process

B. Outsource to external agents.

Your account will be passed to another collection agency who will take further action

What do I do now? I occasionally get their phone calls which I don't answer. This is all a bit messed up. They are acting like thugs because I cancelled my gym membership. Silly isn't it.

Hi NGG,

No need at all to reply to their begging letters - continue to ignore.

If you want to take court action to stop them in their tracks, let us know and we'd be more than happy to help you. Costs very little and would put an end to their harassment plus you should get nominal damages at the discretion of the court.

oh no not more scary letters from the same printer with a different letterhead in it

twill be the fake bailiffs next...

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

Hi dx100uk. Thank you very much for helping me out.

A year later, Zinc group calls my mobile phone once a week and they occasionally leave a voicemail to ring them back.

Have not done so ever. And not received any letters through the post from them.

A little annoying but the location on the call says Glasgow and the number begins with 014. That's how I know to let the phone ring out.

little beggars

and they

report zinc for harassment to the regulators. Then ignore them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Nog,

I would answer one of the regular calls to discover exactly WHO is calling, then write a letter to their office threatening court action for continued harassment.

Or continue to ignore if you prefer ..........

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread