I cannot claim on my insurance as the DVLA are "investigating"

PaulSalesman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and thanks for any help in advance.

I kind and generous person hit my car whilst it was parked outside of my house yesterday, they left no details sadly. I then phoned my insurance to register the claim and they did the DVLA conference. At this point the DVLA decided they could not continue and would not give a reason why as there was a third party on the line.

I then phoned the DVLA to obtain the code to view the licence details and I was told that I have two licences why is news to me and they would not release any information until this resolved. They will not give me a time scale and needless to say that the Insurance people will not get my car repaired until they have this code.

I am stuck between the DVLA and the insurance and I wondered if there is anything I can do to speed the reapirs up.

Any help is appreciated although I fear that I am stuck until the DVLA finish whatever it is that they are doing.

Get on the phone to DVLA to find out what the problem is and get the code. It might just be that DVLA had system issues with the data and for some reason could not provide the code.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi I have spoken to the DVLA in detail and all I know is that there are two licenses or something with my details. Usual DVLA line, I must have applied twice. They will not give my further details.

edit - missed word

Hi I have spoken to the DVLA in detail and all I know is that there are two licenses or something with my details. Usual DVLA line, I must have applied twice. They will not give my further details.

edit - missed word

Urgent subject access request and complaint to DVLA.

Your Insurance claim is stuck until DVLA provide code or information that satisfies the Insurers.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes I know and I have explained this to the lovely people on the other end of the phone however they will give an help or pointers in how to speed up the process.

The urgent statutory request may slow down the process i fear as it is based on a 40 day period. My car will require an MOT by then. Also how do you complain to the DVLA?

Hi I have spoken to the DVLA in detail and all I know is that there are two licenses or something with my details. Usual DVLA line, I must have applied twice.

Did you apply more than once (other than upgrading a provisional to a full, while returning the provisional and the test pass certificate.....)?.

DVLA computer SNAFU or identity fraud spring to mind.

Call them again, asking what the 2 licences have in common (driver number? Give them the number from your licence) / address / date of birth.

If they say "can't give details, due to Data Protection" note that either they think both are you, so data protection of your details doesn't apply, or they don't think both are you (where they can withhold details of the other licence, but should then treat that as someone else's licence, and give you your code!)