Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default CEL ANPR PCN claimform - Alexandra Retail Centre Tunstall Stoke On Trent

Hi My daughter has received a "Speculative Invoice" from Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I have seen somewhere about rules for the protection of freedoms act and have sent an email today to the DVLA to see when her details were requested and confirmation of who requested it.

Once i get this information where do we go from there?

The parking notice does not mention POFA at all. Are they required to mention it?

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain
    A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.
    Why not show your gratitude And
    Click the * on the post you found helpful.
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: CEL PCN - Alexandra Retail Centre Tunstall Stoke On Trent

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

1 Date of the infringement[s] 05/04/17

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 03/05/17

3 Date received 05/05/17

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal] Not Yet
    Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Civil Enforcement ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Alexandra Retail Centre Tunstall Stoke On Trent

they use the BPA Appeals process

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Follows
    Following

Regarding 2. That timeframe only applies for anpr. It's a lot longer for regular windscreen tickets

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi
    I am assuming this is an ANPR ticket because if it was a windscreen ticket, the NTK is too early

As it is an ANPR, they are out of time so ignoring is probably the better option. To make sure, can you post up all documentation ensuring you obscure all personal details, PCN number, Reg number but leave the times and dates of 'offence' viewable

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: CEL PCN - Alexandra Retail Centre Tunstall Stoke On Trent

typical CEL.
    They have never really considered the law as being applicable to them,
    whether that be contract law,
    consumer law,
    company law as far as naming those who have a controlling interest in their company, theft act etc.

I would wait for them to write again as the NTK is timed out and then tell them to sod off as they havent obeyed the protocols of the POFA.

When you find out WHEN they accessed the keeper details youi may have a claim for a breach of the DPA and a ccomplaint to the DVLA on this point wouild be worth making.

Let us know the date of their accessing the data when you have it.

I suspect that their next step will be a letter from Debt Recovery Plus
    because CEL know they are out of luck but hope that you confuse a no-hope organisation DCAicon with a HCEO

the NTK should have 2 photos entry and leave if its ANPR and say ANPR.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

yes it has 2 photos - entry and exit, cant get a copy as yet as it is at my daughters house, but will try and get it a.s.a.p. and the photo she sent me isn't that good.

Follows
    Following

Please get that letter, redact all personal identifiers, and post it up in full.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

it is always problematical to help people via a third party, get her to sign up and introduce herself so nothing is missed out.

OK Here is the PCN, No reply from DVLA as yet

Attached Files Attached Files

Follows
    Following

As it's within the time to appeal, I'd be tempted to do so. Which has the added bonus of wasting some of CEL's money!

Something along the lines of..

CEL.

Ref: PCN number:
    Vehicle Index:

As the vehicle keeper, I would like to invoke your appeals procedure because your invoice was received on a Friday and I only pay invoices that are received on a Monday.

Unlucky! Please issue me with a valid POPLAicon code.

Recorded Keeper

Nothing more, nothing less. Send it as a letter (not email) and get a free certificate of posting from the post office.

When they do issue you a Hoopla code, you do a full appeal to Hoopla on the out of time, no keeper liability grounds. We'll be happy to guide you through that. CEL are, at that point, completely stuffed.

CEL already know that they're stuffed, they're just hoping that you don't

This is regardless of any result from the DVLA as that may form the basis of a separate complaint.

Can we also see the other side of that PCN/NTK please.

There is some important wording that they must include on it for it to be valid, it's not on the front, so we need to see if it's on the back. Ta

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: CEL ANPR PCN - Alexandra Retail Centre Tunstall Stoke On Trent

agreee,
    what you can read on the first page is nothing that complies with the POFA or the BPA CoP
    no it is worthless to them as an NTK.

When the time comes I would question the veracity of the images as usually you get a picture or the car entering and a picture of the car leaving so front and back number plates get read.

This is 2 front pictures and the road markings dont tie up
    so could be random pictures from anywhere rather than a paired set.

She should go back there and photograph the entrance herself along with the sigange visible from the public highway.

Also note the site and direction of the cameras and that little sign her car is passing,
    note where it is in relation to the highway etc
    so direction of travel can be properly determined.

As said, CEL are the least honest of all the parking companies.

The reverse is blank

Follows
    Following

Yet another CEL fail then.

Just get that appeal off to them in the post then, so that they can hurry up and reject it and give you your HOOPLA code

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

There is some important wording that they must include on it for it to be valid, it's not on the front, so we need to see if it's on the back.
    What information is missing please as i can quote this once it gets to POPLAicon stage?

Follows
    Following

it wont get you anywhere at POPLAicon,
    they are not allowed to consider anything the BPA doesnt let them consider.

Better off getting her to write back to CEL with a short letter saying

"Ashley, I am not falling for your con, go screw yourself or take the matter to court at your earliest opportunity where YET AGAIN the law regarding keeper liability will be explained to you at your own expense"

Dont bother being nice, it wont get you anywhere

Just for curiosity then. what info is missing?

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by rdm2006 View Post
    Just for curiosity then. what info is missing?
    It's not just things that are missing, but other things that they've badly worded or 'hidden away' on the page as well.

The Notice which is to be relied upon to be a Notice to Keeper is compliant only if the following requirements are met.

Inform the keeper that the driver is required to pay the parking chargeicon (POFA 2012. Sch 4. Section 9 (2)(b)). Whilst this information might be there, it's hidden away in the small print at the bottom and does not make it clear.

The notice does not state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service and states that the keeper is "required" to pay the charge rather than "inviting" the keeper to do so. (POFA 2012. Sch 4. Section 9 (2)(e))

It does not warn the keeper as per POFA 2012 of the consequences if the amount remains unpaid after 28 days. (POFA 2012. Sch 4. Section 9 (2)(f)). What is there doesn't meet those requirements.

The NTK is also confusing in as much as the notice states both that "failing to pay the amount due within 28 days" and that "you have 28 to appeal" and misleading in that "POPLAicon will not consider appeals that have not been sent to them (us) first". This is misleading in as much as while you do need to appeal to the PPC first (to get a POPLA code) you do not have to appeal to POPLA on the same grounds as your appeal to the PPC.

Although the notice does name the creditor and their registered office address, it doesn't really make this information clear. I certainly missed it the first time that I looked at the NTK. (POFA 2012. Sch 4. Section 9 (2)(h))

It also falls foul of the POFA in relation to (POFA 2012. Sch 4. Section 9 (5)) in that it did not arrive within the relevant period (14 days from the day following the parking event), they've even printed this on the NTK themselves.

And finally from me, and only the DVLA would be able to confirm this, but looking at the date of issue of the NTK, I'd put money on a breach of (POFA 2012. Sch 4. Section 11 (1)(b)).

We could use your help

Follows
    Following

Had reply today from the DVLA they requested the info on the 28th April. little bit late

Appeal sent waiting for POPLAicon code now

Follows
    Following

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details