More than half of UK vapers 'have given up smoking'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tbh, I think e-cigs look silly, probably just me but what incentive do they give anyone to stop?

THE cost of smoking is set to soar when the government ban 10-packs completely, in a bid to force people to quit the dangerous habit.

The cheapest packet will cost £8.82 following the move – which comes into play on May 21 and aims to discourage younger and poorer smokers.

Smokers will no longer be able to buy smaller packs of cigarettes and rolling tobacco from May 21.

Ten-packs of fags and smaller bags of roll-your-own tobacco will be banned – while menthol cigarettes will be phased out completely by May 2020.

Menthols and ‘lipstick’ packs of 10 are being axed in an effort to deter young people

At the moment, rolling tobacco comes in 10g and 20g packets – but soon 30g will be the smallest size.

The ban includes some flavoured tobacco and cigarettes – including fruit, spice, herbs, alcohol, candy and vanilla.

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I've literally just posted something about the vaping side of things http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?477514-I-just-had-to....(4-Viewing)-nbsp

I'm totally shocked at this ban (or shall we call it a drive for health? *yeah right*)...

DO you guys reckon the government is angling to slam the tax on the e-liquid side o things?

I mean when you look at what the HMRC was getting:

• Cigarettes 16.5% of the retail price plus £4.16 on a packet of 20
  • Cigars £2.59 on a 10g cigar
  • Hand rolling tobacco £5.24 on a 25g packet
  • Other smoking tobacco and chewing tobacco (eg pipe tobacco) £2.85 on a 25g packet

I'm just wondering when we'll get a 5th addition to the list...

It's true that is as I started vaping 4 years ago and once I found something that worked haven't smoked since.

Smoke is a vapour of fine particles of solid matter suspended in air - whilst our vapour is atomised fine liquid molecules suspended in air.

Before the usual crowd cast derision and half truths from their personal I read Alan Carrs' book and convinced myself nicotine is poison routine :lol:

I don't really care because I love nicotine and the way if effects me. I like my caffeine in the morning, my whiskey at night and this tank of Tit Sauce - Custard (12mg nicotine) I'm vaping atm (along side another tank of Rejuiced Raspberry Rasputin I have on the go) is nice, tasty and relaxing me!

Nicotine has also been found beneficial to some mental health conditions (depression/anxiety) and certain degenerative old age conditions (dementia/alzheimer's) amongst other things. So....

adridude I'll PM you with some links..... as we're in the once in a life time TPD regulation fire sale until midnight Friday :jaw:

I might even have another go at another Consumer Action Group - Vaping Thread to help people starting out like I did a while ago. Didn't last long before the Alan Carr brigade arrived :lol:

Well it took 3 years of me shouting the odds before the admins/mods/valued posters started treating DWP/HMRC debt like they would normal debts and challenging it! So.........