Help with Payslip calculations, please? Someone in Payroll maybe?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I had an accident at work and was off for four weeks. My employers usually pay SSP for the first week of absence and then the 90% sick pay scheme kicks in. Because my accident was effectively their fault, they agreed to pay me full pay for the first week.

However, I received my payslip, which included a lot of overtime, and I really think that I should have received more than I did.

Before I post it (with my private details deleted), please can I ask if there is someone who works in Payroll who can help with the calculations?

how far in arrears is overtime paid? chances are it wont match because they are paid on a different cycle to ordinary time. The calculations are actually quite simple if you know how many hours you worked, what your hourly rate is, how much overtime you dis and at what hourly rate. The pay slip will ahve your tax code and the cumulative total of income for the year, being the beginning of the year for monthly pay that will be the same as the monthly amount.

so when exactly were you off sick? If it straddles the tax year it will be more complicated as 2 setas of cumulative pay will be needed from mar/april and for april 5th to present