• Tweets

• Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
    • thank you you mean you got a notice of discontinuance? dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Employer wants to meet to discuss absence regarding depression they caused.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally, look at this blog and see if the employer has carried out the requirements listed below

http://www.hempsons.co.uk/news-articles/consideration-reasonable-adjustments-part-performance-management-process-helpful-reminder/

1) Ensure recommended reasonable adjustments are implemented before commencing performance management, and allow for some time to see if this results in an improvement.

2) Consider adjustments even if there is only a possibility that the adjustment will remove the disadvantage (resources permitting)

3) Dismissal without making all reasonable adjustments is likely to render the dismissal unfair.

4) Ensure recommended reasonable adjustments are implemented in a timely manner.

5) Ensure that the standards of performance required are realistic and achievable.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha ha, sorry but what you read in the papers and what happens in real life are two separate things. Her Union said there's nothing they can do so obviously there are no real "rights" in this situation. Best advice for future people: If you have mental health issues keep your mouth shut and try to blag it through.

Absolutely wrong.

Most people do not have the experience you describe. Most employers now have very good policies around mental health. One of the biggest barriers to seeking help is stigma - telling people to keep quiet about it is the kind of thing that perpetuates stigma, prevents people asking for help, and is utterly irresponsible.

Dondana

Define reasonable

It would have been courteous to use the word please

Reasonable, in Law, doesn't have a fixed definition

The Judge looks at the circumstances of the case and determines what is reasonable

Asking a person to travel to a far location might be deemed reasonable if she has a car and it is daylight

Asking same person to travel to same location at night when she nolonger had the car would be deemed unreasonable

Reasonableness is fact- sensitive

In order words, the Judge has to hear the whole evidence and rule

You can't determine reasonableness without full information

Dondana

Define reasonable

You are wasting your breath. That's why I am refraining from posting here now. The poster is adept at telling people what they want to hear, as opposed to what they need to hear, and posting random and broadly irrelevant cases to support the contention that they know what they are talking about. This is going to end horribly for someone, and it won't be dondada, who cares nothing about the consequences that other people will reap from following their advice. There is a difference between disagreement and complete denial - dondada clearly, unlike someone like Emmzzi or others here, has no experience of employment law or tribunals but is setting themselves up as some sort of authority on a subject they know nothing about. Unfortunately that happens on sites, and then things can go horribly wrong for people. I am more than capable of googling the theory of nuclear physics, but you'd be an idiot employing me to manage your reactor!

And apparently, now, you must say "please" to them when toy speak. Getting above ourselves or what? He or she is an anonymous poster of dubious provenance on a random internet site. Not a High Court judge!

Absolutely wrong.

Most people do not have the experience you describe. Most employers now have very good policies around mental health. One of the biggest barriers to seeking help is stigma - telling people to keep quiet about it is the kind of thing that perpetuates stigma, prevents people asking for help, and is utterly irresponsible.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Most employers now have policies. SOME employers have been known to actually follow the spirit of them. Whilst I agree that keeping quiet can have adverse impacts, collectively and individually, there are still many employers who certainly will discriminate against people for both physical and mental disabilities. Having policies doesn't mean that you act well. It means your have a documents to produce at a tribunal to back up your assertion that you are being reasonable! We have had laws on gender and equality for 40+ years and employers have had policies on it for just as long. And look how well that is going....!

I know I am sangie.

I asked the question realistically in a rhetorical way.

I still notice that dondana didn't answer the question on another thread about how many actual ET they have personally been involved in.

They failed to answer the question, posted another couple of times and disappeared off the thread even tho it went on for another couple of pages or so.

From this I conclude"armchair lawyer"

And experience in searching on google.

Ps I might have a nuclear reactor that needs a manager! 😁

Reasonable is subjective to an individuals circumstance.

You are wasting your breath. That's why I am refraining from posting here now. The poster is adept at telling people what they want to hear, as opposed to what they need to hear, and posting random and broadly irrelevant cases to support the contention that they know what they are talking about. This is going to end horribly for someone, and it won't be dondada, who cares nothing about the consequences that other people will reap from following their advice. There is a difference between disagreement and complete denial - dondada clearly, unlike someone like Emmzzi or others here, has no experience of employment law or tribunals but is setting themselves up as some sort of authority on a subject they know nothing about. Unfortunately that happens on sites, and then things can go horribly wrong for people. I am more than capable of googling the theory of nuclear physics, but you'd be an idiot employing me to manage your reactor!

And apparently, now, you must say "please" to them when toy speak. Getting above ourselves or what? He or she is an anonymous poster of dubious provenance on a random internet site. Not a High Court judge!

This is a classic Ad Hominem argument!

You have not provided evidence to refute my position rather you are attacking my person

To put to rest the question of how many Tribunal Claim I have had

I have had 3 Tribunal Claims

1 Appeal Tribunal Claim

I have assisted in over 10 Tribunal Claims to date

I have now put in an official request to the MOJ to volunteer at the Employment Tribunal near me

I'm not surprised that you are attacking my person rather than my arguments

Several times I have provided documented evidence to show your position was wrong

You have never proved any of my points wrong

Keep attacking my person, it shows me that I'm right

Its not Ad Hominem.

Its asking for what real life experiences you have. A bit like references.

You can vol thru the FRU.

But this is mainly for juniors looking to gain experience for study purposes. Someone taking their law degree for example.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Most employers now have policies. SOME employers have been known to actually follow the spirit of them. Whilst I agree that keeping quiet can have adverse impacts, collectively and individually, there are still many employers who certainly will discriminate against people for both physical and mental disabilities. Having policies doesn't mean that you act well. It means your have a documents to produce at a tribunal to back up your assertion that you are being reasonable! We have had laws on gender and equality for 40+ years and employers have had policies on it for just as long. And look how well that is going....!

You're right; I should have said 'many employers'. I come to this as a mental health trainer working with organisations that want to change their culture around mental health, and my experience is that more and more are trying to do better - not just because it's the right thing to do, but because they now recognise that there are good financial reasons for doing so. One of the things that drives presenteeism is a culture of encouraging people to keep quiet about mental health problems, and whilst I recognise that there are some dinosaur employers out there, I wouldn't ever recommend telling someone to try to hide problems

I don't think questioning someone's advice is ad hominem, DD.

I didn't know you could volunteer at an ET, what will you be doing?

HB

Yes you could volunteer at the ET

I will be assisting self-representing Claimants at Case Management Hearings

Later, I will be assisting them at Preliminary Hearings on worker status, reasonable prospect of success and other simple PH cases

I will NOT conduct their litigations for them

Apparently, I'm allowed to do so but it would take too much of my time

Since I'm doing it for free, it will be best to help as much people as possible

PH and CMD are simple hearings which could be over in one or two hours and I move on to the next

I definitely wouldn't be doing any Full Merit Hearings (takes way too much time)

I would strongly advise that you do not listen to the advice from dondada. They are wildly keen to quote laws that do not do what they claim they do, and case law that doesn't apply. There is a vast differences between a duty to CONSIDER reasonable adjustments and an obligation to provide them. A difference which the poster appears to not understand. And since this is not about reasonable adjustments but performance, a somewhat irrelevant comment. It's easy to claim to be some sort of expert on a subject you know little about, because you don't have to live with the consequences of other people following your advice. You are right to be cautious and to recognise that the real world doesn't operate like a Google law search! The only reason I'm posting a response is because I've seen too many people here being drawn into unrealistic expectations by this poster, and you have had enough problems over the past year without falling for amateur lawyer hour here.

Its not Ad Hominem.

Its asking for what real life experiences you have. A bit like references.

You can vol thru the FRU.

But this is mainly for juniors looking to gain experience for study purposes. Someone taking their law degree for example.

I strongly believe it is Ad Hominem argument

As you can see Sangie595 claimed #45 that there is only a duty to CONSIDER reasonable adjustments and not an obligation to provide them

That position is very contrary to Section 20 and Schedule 8 of the Equality Act 2010

If it wasn't an Ad Hominem argument, she would have come out to either apologize on her error or clarify her statement

She did neither, which shows she is not interested in facts but to get at a person (Ad Hominem)

She is still welcome to clarify her statement though

Well its your democratic right to disagree.

But I'm in the no its not camp.

You also didn't read sangies statement in the context in which its clearly worded.

All employers have to do Is consider an adjustment. Come to the

Conclusion its not reasonable and move on.

In your highlighted text sangie was pointing out that there are vast differences.

You should stop speed reading

Thread is in danger of becoming derailed.....again...and not of any assistance to the OP.

Thread temp closed until OP advises it be reopened.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks