Acount debited £58.90 twice

john432
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 19/04 I transfered the above amount from my barclays currant acc to a building Soc in my name.

The site was running VERY slow and I pressed send but nothing happened so I pressed again and then a message came on screen not to press again.

I then found out that 2 withdrawels had been made instead of 1.

I contacted my Build Soc who confirmed they only received 1 payment, so I mailed Barclays who are just fobbing me off and saying to contact the payee (who is me) despite telling them numerous times that I was the payee etc they still fob me off saying they cannot do anything alse!

The £58.90 is obviously swirling around in their system because of their SLOW site that malfunctioned

Please, please can anyone help it feels like I'm on a roundabout and cannot get off!!!!

Thanks

Use their complaints procedure, and exhaust it.

Do NOT ring them, keep everything in writing or email so you have a paper trail of evidence, unless of course you're able to record your phone calls?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi John,

Yes, as BBoo says, keep the complaint in writing.

Does your a/c data show the 2nd payment being sent, and to whom ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick

The payment was to myself, 2 payments out of currant acc but only one sent to Building Soc!!

Build Soc sent me an email conforming they only received ONE amount of £58.90 and not 2

So the other payment is still with Barclays somewhere, I think the problem with their site not working properly the second payment was not actioned after it was shown as sent?

Thanks

Ok, I was interested if the 2nd pay't to leave Barclays showed as being sent to anyone or anywhere.

In any event, write to Barclays HO pointing out that the slow system appears to have caused 2 pay'ts to leave your a/c but only one arrived at your BS a/c.

Ask them to investigate urgently and refund you asap.

Keep the complaint short and simple.. Put a draft here for checking first if you want so we can look it over.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Ok, I was interested if the 2nd pay't to leave Barclays showed as being sent to anyone or anywhere.

In any event, write to Barclays HO pointing out that the slow system appears to have caused 2 pay'ts to leave your a/c but only one arrived at your BS a/c.

Ask them to investigate urgently and refund you asap.

Keep the complaint short and simple.. Put a draft here for checking first if you want so we can look it over

I did indeed point out your points in 3 emails but they now ignoring me!!!

There is no doubt the cash is still in their system.

I cannot believe how bad they are at remembering what I've posted.

In one sentence they used my correct first name then called me something totally different!!!

After my first mail to them they replied telling me that they couldn't pay me £150 compensation, I replied pointing out their error that I'd never asked for compensation!!! I do wonder if the fact they're looking rather incompetent is the reason for ignoring me!!

Looks to me like I'm dealing with 8 year olds from India

Will post a complaint draft tonight when I'm free

Thanks

As requested?

.....................................................................................................................

On the 19/04 I drew £58.90 from my account to another acc in my name with Shawbrook, the site was running VERY slow and when I pressed send nothing happened so I pressed send again and a message then came up not to press the send button again which I didn’t and the amount was sent.

When I looked at my account two amounts of £58.90 had gone out and not one!

The Shawbrook confirmed in writing that they only received one £58.90.

I put all this information via the message system on the site, but all I receive back is comments from people that cannot remember what I’ve posted.

Example

1/ being called another name and my proper name in the same sentence.

2/ Informing me that they will not pay the £150 compensation that I’ve requested-- I’VE NEVER ASKED FOR COMPANSATION OF ANY KIND I just want my £85.90 back!!!

3/They have said they will try and recover the money from the Shawbrook—despite me telling them numerous times that the money never went in to the Shawbrook and is still with Barclays but it's not in my account.

Edited by john432

Short and sweet.

On dd/mm/yyyy I transferred money from account number xyz to account xyz.

Due to difficulties using your site two payments were made rather than one, for the amount of £85.90.

I require the amount of £85.90 to be credited back to my account.

If you are unable to rectify my complaint, please inform me in writing, on receipt of this request.

Kind regards,

You don't need to pad it out anymore than this IMO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dear sir or madam,

My sort code xx.xx.xx

My account number xxxx xxxx

I write to complain about an error I believe Barclays has made sending 2 payments from my account instead of just one.

On 19th April I sent money from my Barclays account to my Shawbrook Bank account.

Your site was running very slowly and nothing happened when I tried to SEND the £58.90 so I pressed SEND once more. A message appeared telling me not to press SEND again so I didn't, and the money was sent.

According to Barclays, the amount of £58.90 was sent twice but Shawbrook Bank shows receipt of only one payment.

So far, in response to my attempts to have my money returned, I have been called the wrong name by your staff; and I have been denied compensation of £150 which I have never requested !

I now require that you return my money to my account promptly, failing which I shall raise further complaints with the regulating authority.

I want your considered opinion by letter within 14 days, not simply a holding letter. I will not deal with this matter by phone.

Yours faithfully,

Send to Churchill Place and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when you send it. Or use RM Signed For delivery.

• Haha 1

Got a new email last night stating they are going to reclaim the overpayment from my Shawbrook acc!!!!!!! and if that fails there is nothing else they can do!

God knows how many times I've told them the above is not applicable (see my posts), must be people from another planet at customer service in India!

They

Surely Barclays response implies that they don't think an error has occurred and that 2 legitimate transfers were made from your Barclays account to your Shawbrook account, so now they are going to contact Shawbrook to recover one of the payments.

Have you since checked your Shawbrook account again to see if the second transfer has now credited the account?

Shawbrook confirmed by email they only received one payment and not two.

Edit-- just checked and still only one payment received on the 19th April and none since

Edited by john432

Then proceed with the complaint to Barclays (unless you've done it already).

It may be old fashioned nowadays but a visit to yr barclays branch may well yield a better result than conversing with the call center.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.