Virgin Media - Cant provide service to new home- unfair cancellation fee ??

dazza12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I and my wife have been with Virgin for over 15 years

we rang them 3 weeks ago to explain that we were moving house and unfortunately they do not supply a service in the area we are moving into.

.i rang them and spent almost 1 hour on the phone to a lady that had very poor limitations of the English language

at the end of the conversation i had to hang up as i was wasting my time

..i was told as i was ending my contract i would have to pay £250

i tried to explain i was not cancelling my contract and i wish to stay with Virgin

but was told i have to pay a cancellation fee

but as i was a loyal customer they would knock £50 of my final bill..

my final bill is £200 .

.i still was not happy..

i rang Virgin Media 2 days later and i was so happy

i spoke to a guy called Josh

He spoke perfect English on the phone call lasted around 10 minutes..

as i had never missed a payment and have been with them for over 15 years

he managed to get my final payment down to £167;24

but he said he would send a note on how to appeal against the charge.

.also i would get a box to return the Tevo Box

if i did not return the box

i would get charged another £150.

.Today i got a final bill for £294;73.

. my question is

how can i get 3 different bills for different amounts .

.. what would have happened if i had paid the lowest amount first....

.i.can afford to pay this but why the hell should i

BTW the person that bought my old house uses Virgin Media now

so Mr Richard Branason hasnt lost a penny

Nothing to do with Richard Branson. Owned by an American company who just use the name.

Why are there any cancellation charges ?

Have you signed another contract within the last few years, for additional services ?

Send back the Tivo box to Virgin. Wait until they send you a full itemised bill and then start an official complaint with them in writing, asking them to justify any cancellation charges by pointing to any contract terms that you agreed to,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would assume you are already out of contract...but the 30 days notice still apply....Its not your fault your new home is not in a cable/service area... call Virgin on 0345 454 1111.....you should not be penalised...its their fault not yours.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This for information purposes.

Sir RB never owned virgin, he sold the rights for them to use the virgin branding and was a shareholder owning around 30% of the shares. SirRB only ever sold the rights to use virgin brand for a 30 yr period.

In 2013, the company was sold to Liberty Global but with the ingoing brand usage rights.

Miving on to why the OP probably has an outstanding balance and cancellation fees;

Virgin media notoriously start you on a new contract for 12 months whenever services are changed, so if, for example, you added sky sports or movies ir negotiated a new package as the offer you were currently on was due to expire, then any new deal you were offered was also inclusive of a new contract.

In addition, if the tivo box was not returned, then they will and do charge, £150 on top of any remaining months of the current contract you are on.

When cancelling due to moving to a non service area, they will normally wave the cancellation fees altogether as its arguable that its no fault if the customer if they cannot provide a service.

They also conveniently forget to send out the returns boxes for the equipment.

In this instance i would put it in writing that the cancellation is not one of choice but that VM simply cannot continue to provide a service at your new address and that if the returns bixes were supplied, the equipment would have been returned. Inassume here you still have the equipment in order to return it?

Should be simple enough to resolve with the correct letter to the CEO office, forget notmal complaints route.

In addition, spout your story all social media such as facebook and twitter, VM have dedicated teams to watch for this and it will be picked up quickly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Virgin Bledia are in breach of contract, as they are unable to uphold their end of the agreement, by providing you with a service.

So you owe nothing, less for the services you have already used.

Calling them is as much use as indicators on a submarine, they simply say one thing to get you off the phone, and do the exact opposite, for a telecomms company, they are excellent at miscommunication and ignoring their customers, the fact that you have been a customer for 15 years means nothing to them, your just a number who pays them profit, your loyalty is misguided they don't care unfortunately.

Fire off an email to their CEO, get their office to write this off.

And jump onto all their social media sites and embarrass them on their, warn any future customers of how little they value their customers loyalty.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks for all the info folks e-mails will be sent asap to the relevant people ill keep you updated also i never knew there was a 30 day cancellation period,as for my contract i have not signed a contract for approx 10 years it was just reinstated as far as im aware

They will also ignore your emails, hence why you should fire it straight to the CEO, spent more than 8 months trying to get these clowns to even acknowledge a complaint least of all resolve it!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks for all the info folks e-mails will be sent asap to the relevant people ill keep you updated also i never knew there was a 30 day cancellation period,as for my contract i have not signed a contract for approx 10 years it was just reinstated as far as im aware

And not made any changes to your bundle in the last 18 months ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ofcom: Home

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/

Ofcom may be able to help you complain about, or report, issues relating to phone and postal ... BBC regulation: Operating Framework ... of consumer complaints it has received against the major providers of telecoms and pay-TV services.

complaints to them

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: