Specsavers

swift640s
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I brought a pair of glasses from specsavers later 2015, the offer at that time was 2 pairs for the price of one, one pair of which could be sunglasses.

I had to have varifocal lenses and at the point of sale was offered to pay a lower price for the main glasses (as there were expensive) and not get the second pair offer, alternatively to pay a higher price for the main glasses and therefore qualify for the 2nd 'free' pair.

I opted for the higher price to get sunglasses at a later date. In March 2016 I suffered a stroke and have been unwell since, however the last 4 or 5 weeks I have improved a lot and today went to specsavers to pick out the 2nd pair to be made into sunglasses.

Specsavers now say that you only have 30 days after the main glasses have been fitted to order the second pair....I was not told this at the time and am wondering if this is somewhat unfair?

Hopefully I can contest this in someway?

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Swift640S

Do you have a voucher or anything where they agreed to it

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

the offer will have lapsed due to your inaction. It will have never said that this will be open ended under any circumstances, you had a year to go and get the second pair but you didnt.

The offer will bea contiguous one so it requires you to make sure that ther is no break between choosing the first and second pairs.

I cannot sympathise with your situation. If a supermarket offer but one get one free on packs of mince that offer is for 2 items purchased simultaneously, not one a week over a fortnight. You understand this so why not the specsavers identical offer?