Caught shoplifting sainsbury's no letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was caught shoplifting items worth about £7 in my local sainsbury's about a month ago.

I was taken into the back, barred for life from all sainsbury's. They wouldn't let me pay for the items and just took it off me.

I got the standard ban letter with the bit about my details being passed on to 3rd party recovery. They took my address, however I told them to send letters to my London address (I am a student), as they could contact me quicker, and I dont want my parents to see the letters. However I think they took my home address that is on my ID aswell. I was told I would be 'fined' about £70. The police were not involved.

However I have not received a letter to either address. I am worried letters will get sent to my home address before my london address and will be opened by my parents. Is there any way I can get in contact with someone to make sure letters come to my address in London?

I know not to respond to the letters, but I don't want my parents to see them and panic.

Does anyone else have experience of not receiving a letter?

The address written on the letter given to me instore is my address in London.

Looking for any advice on how to proceed.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG.

The first question I would ask is, do your parents open your mail for you? If they do and DWF send letters there instead of your other address, that may cause issues.

Telling Sainsburys to write to the London address will matter not one iota. Once they have finished with you and kicked you out of the store, they pass on the details to DWF who will write to one or both addresses. There is nothing you can do initially as you have not received anything from them (that you know of) as although sainsburys said you will receive a 'fine' (which it isn't by the way) they may not have passed your details on.

I think you will find out what is what after a letter arrives or a rather unpleasant phone call from your parents

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for your response.

I guess I'm wondering whether to expect a letter seeing as it's been a month or so? I was wondering if you'd come across others who have not received letters? As most people said it takes about a week, I'm quite suprised. I would rather get the letter than sit here wondering.

It is unusual for it to take this long to get a letter. It may be worth asking your parents to post you any letters they have received for you.

It is totally pointless contacting Sainsburys at this point, They have passed the buck. DWF act for them so it is a matter of time waiting for any communication if they haven't done so already.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

please update your rlp thread...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx

and they