Earnings arrestment and maternity pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong category - I've just come across this site today while looking for some information and hope someone might be able to help. I have an earnings arrestment against a former friend - as in, she owes me money. Please no one hold this against me, I realise people on this site will be in her position but I needed the money back and she left me with no other option - she could afford to pay, she just chose not to. I've found out she is pregnant (through another friend, we have no contact) and wondered if anyone could tell me if/how an earnings arrestment is applied to maternity pay? We're in Scotland. Many thanks in advance.

Contractual maternity pay via employer or statutory maternity pay? If the former the company will continue to stop the money from her pay. If she isnt eligible and has to claim SMP then you wont get anything as an arrestment order cannot be applied to this.

Sorry, another question if anyone knows. If she was on SMP for any length of time and then went back to work, would the arrestment automatically resume?