Welcome Finance. Secured Loan no payments for years not being chased

Bottlefury
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All... First off apologies if I am asking something that has been answered elsewhere... Truth is I'm in a massive hole and trying to find anyway out (not just with welcome lol)

Long story short... Took at a 3rd charge loan with welcome about 12 years ago...it was a struggle from the off... About 3 years in welcome offered us the chance to resign to extend the length of the loan and reduce the payments which we did... Split up with the wife who remained in the home about 6 years ago. For the past 5 years no payment have been made to welcome. Current balance is about £29k.

My initial question is that they have never really chased for the monthly payments....the only contact we have from them is a yearly statement and that's it. The debt doesn't appear on my credit file however there is a charge at land registry...does anyone know why this might be the case that they are not chasing us for such a long period of time?

House in massive neg eq so am desperate for any ways out

Thanks all :)

They'll get their money upon sale if ever...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Get an sar running

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Personally I wouldn't

Get the sar first

Might well be faulty knowing welcome

Go read threads here

and they

Yeah will have to get the papers I suppose.

..was just reluctant to contact them in the first place for paperwork as am not hearing from them.

..have looked through the forums just think its unusual not to have heard from them for years for such a big amount I guess

Welcome will have added a ton of charges and fee's to it. All of which you cna reclaim. Get the SAR off, and forget about VR until you have the facts in front of you.

And its not unusual to not have heard of them if they know very well they have messed up.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sure well that's what I'm hoping....although not sure how much the fees would be...I mean this is a morally dubious question but is getting out of the whole loan an actual possibility does anyone know?

Thats why you need that SAR :)

We dont condone debt avoidance so cant comment on it,.

but with welcome, the reclaim + interest could be in the thousands.

If the charge was comprised mostly of fee's then you could theoretically get it removed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

get the sar done.

99% of welcome stuff is loaded with £1000's of penalty charges & useless insurances [bet you had MIF for one!]

and ofcourse theres this refinance? you did?

and they

very. Get that sar off asap. Youre likely looking at reclaiming thousands, and a possibility of getting that charge gone.

I'll get it done then...I know its on other threads etc but its patchy and am not familiar with all this...what would they have to have done to mean the debt is unenforceable...or at least shouldn't be charged against the house? Sorry for the noon questions I'm sure :(

TBH I don't think theres any real possibility the charge will be removed

its not a charge as a result of a court CCJ

its one that was placed there upon loan sale as it was a secured loan.

funny thing is

welcome about 2yrs ago removed 99'9% of all their outstanding secured loan charges when they signed the waiver..

never mind

it'll all come out in the wash

dx

and they

The SAR will give you the facts surrounding the debt. The fact youre asking questions shows you NEED the response to that SAR.

Yes I see...as I said initially I was a little concerned about making any contact at the moment as haven't heard a peep from them for years..I understand now that I need the sar but obviously I will be raising my head above the parapet as it where when I do

its a charge

they cant 'jus't demand payment anyway.

though I wonder if this has not already been sold to alpha credit

have you check LR in the last month then?

and they

I can't remember of the top of my head but pretty sure its still either welcome or progressive on LR..

.But like I said not a peep from them in years apart from an annual statement.

.just can't figure it out really..

.am a bit worried about the sar with it flagging up my account to them..

.but having said that they are the third in line against the house.

..and its in neg eq by about 20k..

plus I can't afford any monthly payments anyway so not sure what they could do anyway..

. I'm hoping there has been some sort of historic cock up on my paperwork anyway

and that's why its not been sold on

or why I haven't heard from them in years

...I mean its 30k I'd be chasing it lol

well no as I've said the charge is there so they've the money ..even if eventually.

they cant force a sale

and they'll not bother with a CCJ as it achieves nothing for them.

I bet you its progressive on your LR file.

not wishing to worry you but...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?467097-Welcome-secured-loans-charge-now-sold-to-Alpha-Prime-repo-received-bal-all-penalties-PPI-MIF-LIFE-PPI-help

get that sar running!!

and they

A sar it is then. Thanks for all the advice. What is it I'm looking for when the paperwork arrives in particular?

We wont know until you read the sar. But i'd be looking at the refinancing plus all charges etc and interest accrued on them as a start