Face to face meeting with Bank - mis-sold mortgage.

Will Silver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Has anybody had face to face meetings with the bank/financial institution they have a mis-selling issue with.

I have a number of issues with HSBC but would like to speak to someone in the first place.

To be honest I dont really know if it is a good idea or not,

I just feel I need to get the ball rolling and this seems a sensible way of doing it,

I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter.

regards

Will

I can imagine that they won't particularly want to meet you and they will simply want to get you to put in procedure as quickly as possible – and that is probably the best idea.

Presumably you are talking about PPI? But why do you feel that you need to speak to them in person? There is certainly no point in going for a face-to-face meeting if you don't have a plan and some objectives which you want to achieve.

Banks don't offer face to face meetings about complaints. Branches are only there to sell the Banks products.

You will be told to follow their complaints procedure and deal with a central complaints department. You might then be able to discuss it with someone by phone, but you should make arrangements to record such phone calls yourself.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

PPI is part of it,

if it was just that I would be ok with dealing with that,

I have with the assistance of this site made successful claims.

It is when I look at everything together I just feel that I was taken advantage of in a number of things I was sold.

For a good number of years I was paying more out on

Income protection,

Mortgage protection,

Life insurance,

Critical illness,

Endowment Policy than the actual cost of my mortgage.

I just feel that if I could present it as a package with everything included it would be more effective in making a claim for mis-selling.

It is either the bank initially or a solicitor.

I spoke to the FOS today and explained the issues I had,

who suggested I made an appointment with the bank,

I was just wondering if anybody had been down this route before.

Do you honestly think a local Branch officer is going to speak to you probably for at least an hour and then spend the time sending off details of your complaint to whichever department that will deal with it ? I can't see that happening, unless you have paid for your account and have a personal banking manager assigned to you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Personally I would just do a full formal written complaint on each aspect you consider missold separately

Branches nowadays have no authority and will either fob you off

or give you inaccurate information

unless as UB says you are a premier customer with a personal manager

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

No,

exactly that,

especially if it is found that during the course of the meeting there has been mis-selling,

hardly likely to act in my best interests.

Well that is my take on it.

It was something the FOS advised me to do with the amount of issues I had.

If there is another way of doing it I would appreciate any advice.

Separate the issues once you have all the information

Some you will have much more chance of success than others

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

No, exactly that, especially if it is found that during the course of the meeting there has been mis-selling, hardly likely to act in my best interests. Well that is my take on it. It was something the FOS advised me to do with the amount of issues I had. If there is another way of doing it I would appreciate any advice.

It is going to have to be a separate complaint for each product, as that is what normally happens. The products might have been sold by the same mortgage advisor, but the complaints will be split by each product. If you tried to make it one complaint what will happen, is that it will get messy. Someone will photocopy your complaint and pass copies on to many different people. You will end up getting responses about some products and not others.

Also when explaining the miss selling, you need to explain why a particular product was not suitable or what the issue was. There may be different issues, with different products.