Argos - refunded faulty machine, but want to give Gift Vouchers for report i paid for?

Laskin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Perhaps someone can guide me on this matter.

I bought a Washing Machine and in less than one and a half years it became faulty.

An engineer tested it and said it is a manufacturer's fault and I should claim. I contacted the retailer, gave them details including DATE OF PURCHASE, that it was tested and found to be faulty.

They told me to get an independent report, which I did. That report agreed with the first one, faulty machine.

They agreed to refund the purchase price, plus the cost of the INDEPENDENT REPORT which THEY ASKED FOR, but not the cost of the first one.

I pointed out they were at liberty to accept the first report, but that they chose to GET A SECOND OPINION. Consequently, I expect to be reimbursed for BOTH reports.

I kept on disputing their responses. After many refusals of my claim for reimbursement, they agreed to give me GIFT VOUCHERS which I believe may force me to spend it in their shops.

I feel that they should reimburse me in CASH. The amount is £25.00.

Any advise on this please ?.

Thank you.

Laskin :-)

Well of course, you're absolutely right. They should reimburse you in cash for all of the losses/expenses which have been incurred as a result of this.

However, I think that it is in your interests to reduce the problem as far as possible and this means that you should certainly set about arranging for the replacement machine to be delivered and also to receive the cost of the second report. After that, you can argue the toss about the cost of the first report.

Who is the supplier? I have to say that you seem to have done very well and to a certain extent I asked myself whether it is really worth the bother of causing a huge amount of trouble for £25 cash when they are offering you vouchers instead.

In the same way though, I do wonder why they are making such a song and dance about £25 worth of vouchers when they've already paid the majority of the money.

It seems to me that somebody at the supplier has decided to stick on a point of principle even though it is very insignificant stuff.

Are they refusing to give you the replacement and the second report on condition of you accepting the vouchers?

Thank you BankFodder for your reply.

Firstly, they asked me to come in and select another machine up to the value as replacement. The one I chose would take weeks to be delivered, so I asked for, and received a refund.

I was reimbursed for their requested INDEPENDENT REPORT.

It is the £25.00 I am insisting that they refund as well. I told them that instead of requiring me to get the second report, I could have put them in touch with the FIRST ENGINEER who would confirm the findings of Manufacturer's Fault. So it was solely their choice, and that the people in Customer Service should be given a FLOWCHART so as to identify when a product fails within or outside of warranty and therefore falls under not of Merchantable Quality. In other words since I gave them the date of purchase and what was wrong with the machine a flow chart would identify that that component failed too early.

I am not very good at this. I am just using what I feel are appropriate words to get my money back. I do not feel they should use Gift Vouchers to force me to give the money back to them.

I intend to reply and say that 'without prejudice' to their offer I am going to take it further. Can you please, if possible, confirm I can rightfully require Cash ?.

Thank you again.

For the knowledge of those on the site: Because I collected the machine from the store, when it became faulty I had to return it myself, otherwise they would charge just under £16.00 to pick it up from my house. If they delivered it at time of purchase, it would not cost me for them to collect it.

who is the retailer?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...