PayPal / Akinika Debt

Mal2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a PayPal Working Capital Advance nearly two and a half years ago when running my own business.

I folded the business last year (sole trader so everything was unsecured and this is the only thing I was in debt to) and had been maintaining repayments until October last year.

between workload, an upcoming employment tribunal and the neighbour from hell I managed to forget all about it.

I also missed the three notification emails they sent re: notice of intention to terminate (I get an amazing amount of Paypal [problem] emails so I've not opened any for ages).

The last one (2/3/2017) read as follows:

Notice of Intention to terminate

[insert my name here],

We have made numerous attempts to contact you in order to discuss and resolve outstanding issues with your PayPal Working Capital merchant cash advance, but have been unable to reach you.

You entered into a contractual relationship with us on or around [early in]/2015 (the “Agreement”). Under the terms of the Agreement, we purchased a share of your future receivables in exchange for a purchase price and fixed fee.

You have not complied with the Minimum Future Receivables Requirement in Clause 4.2 of the Agreement. This is a breach of the Agreement, which allows us to terminate the Agreement in accordance with Clause 6.1.2.

In accordance with Clause 6.2, we are entitled to terminate the agreement and seek to recover our losses.

A total specified amount of £[less than 1000 but over 500] is outstanding and we will seek an amount equivalent to this as damages.

If this specified amount is not repaid within 7 days of the date of this notice, we may take the following actions:

Terminate the Agreement;

Limit your PayPal account or any other PayPal accounts linked to you or your business;

Seek recovery through the use of a third party collections agency acting on our behalf; or

take steps to recover the amount due including, but not limited to, beginning legal proceedings against you for a breach of contract as detailed above.

Please note that, under the terms of the PayPal User Agreement, we may also seek to recover amounts owed to us from any balance held in your PayPal account or any PayPal account you own.

To discuss your options to resolve this, please contact our PayPal Working Capital Merchant Assistance on 0800 368 7102. Our hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 17.30pm. Alternatively, you may write to us at Paypal Europe, PO Box 9473 Dublin 15, Ireland if you wish to do so.

The emails and text messages began on 30/03/2017.

They just bang on about wanting to talk to me regarding a "business matter".

I've had five emails, seven texts and one phone call to my mobile

- it didn't ring it just left a voicemail.

The complication is that I never changed my landline and it is actually at my mother's house and she had her first phone call today

(I'm going to go block all known Akinika numbers there as I do not want my mother harassed).

They also do not have my correct postal address as I moved in January to get away from aforementioned neighbor from hell and neglected to update my PayPal details.

I currently can't afford to pay the entire amount, have no issue making payments to PayPal but would like to avoid lining a DCA's pockets if I can.

I'm also leery of incurring a CCJ without the opportunity to go defend myself since they do not have a current address (I require enhanced disclosures).

What would you all advise as the best way to proceed?

They are harassing my elderly mother every day- she was rang at 7:45am today and as it is an automatic recording she can't even respond to them.

(Also attached a copy of the T&C if that helps)

Thanks.

Edit: it was three days ago she started getting the phone calls.

I neglected to alter this before posting as had it drafted since Wednesday

PPWC_Contract.pdf

ignore anika [ex iqor dca]

aren't bailiffs and cant do court as they don't own the debt

only PP [the owner] can do court

and they don't ever.

so .............

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

totally ignore the last removed post all those that got email alerts

obviously we are hurting the dca's fleecing antics to line their pockets from mugs that don't know they are totally powerless and are not bailiffs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 11 months later...