CTAXt and Swift Credit Services Bailiff - said CAN and will force entry if we dont cough up - paid them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You definitely MUST apply for Council Tax Relief.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks Uncle Bulgaria,

My MP has written to the council and Swift regarding they conduct and has also raised a complaint with the Local Government Ombudsman as Sift were working under instruction fro the Council. Have forwarded the letter received yesterday, it's just that they expect £1334 in one month from myself and my husband knowing that I am the only person working and that my income is circa £1400 per month.

Thanks Uncle Bulgaria,

My MP has written to the council and Swift regarding they conduct and has also raised a complaint with the Local Government Ombudsman as Sift were working under instruction fro the Council. Have forwarded the letter received yesterday, it's just that they expect £1334 in one month from myself and my husband knowing that I am the only person working and that my income is circa £1400 per month.

Which is why with a realistic I & E and proof of income, you could well qualify for Council tax Relief to reduce the ongoing bill.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks brassnecked,

Am going to the Council Offices on Wednedsya to discuss and apply for Council Tax Reduction,

however I think my income will go against me as I earn £23.5k per year and my husband is only entitled to the National Insurance Credit of ESA and no payment.

All the online calculators come back with no entitlement other than applying for PIP which we both have done and are awaiting assessment with CAPITAR

Update ....

Yesterday received a Default warning from Swansea Council regarding this years council tax (2017-2018). They are demanding £124 payment (1st payment within 7 days) or they will pursue court proceedings in respect of this years liability.

How can they act in such a way that is causing more harm to myself and my husband?! They got £1210 by force at the beginning of the month, I have had to rely on a food bank just to feed us this month as they have left me with no money to pay other essential bills and now they are threatening to take this years liability to court when it's not even the end of the month?! Am going to go and see them on Wednesday but any advice on how I deal with this would be much appreciated.

The letter that you received was perfectly correct and one that probably many thousands of people have received since 1st April when the 2017/18 council tax became due. The following is taken from the Local Government Ombudsman's website:

Councils usually issue the annual council tax bills in March, offering those liable the opportunity to pay over 10 instalments, beginning in April. If an instalment is not paid on the date it is due, the Council must issue a reminder, asking for payment within seven days. If the liable person fails to pay within this period, they lose the right to pay by instalments and a full year's council tax becomes payable.

If this is not paid within the next seven days, the Council can ask the magistrates’ court to issue a liability order. A liability order allows the Council to direct bailiffs to try to recover the debt, if necessary by seizing goods to the value of the amount owed.

PS: You did say that you were going to visit the council on Wednesday. Were they helpful?

Thanks Guys,

went to the council offices yesterday to sort out this years liability,

have extended the payments over 11 months.

They confirmed that my payment date is the 28th,

I queried why I had received the 7 Day notice early?!

They advised that the letters are automated and will look into the matter as they agree,

letter should not have been received before due date.

With regard to the ongoing complaint

they have written in response to my MP letter and confirmed that SCS have denied any misconduct and state that SCS Bailiff never threaten 'forced entry' and I called the EA to make payment.

Have given them all the evidence showing that Bailiff called me whilst at work,

stated dates and times (47 calls in the space of 1 hour from EA to my mobile),

included printoff of the threatening texts.

stated call times to SCS offices and asked them to listen to the call recording where SCS operator also said they had a warrant to force entry and call time to Police with authorisation to access the 999 recording of my call or transcript

She advised that the council has taken the position that SCS acted as instructed and at no time were they aware of the vulnerability of the customer and SCS are trained to ascertain this.

My employers and GP have also submitted statements to the council.

Was told that this is above the advisers pay grade and to continue to discuss through my MP.

Asked that they check the notes on my husband and my file which clearly state my husbands condition, she confirmed that my husbands condition is detailed but is not classed as a vulnerable adult.

What constitutes as a vulnerable adult?

Council adviser said the she is no qualified to make that determination.

What constitutes as a vulnerable adult?

Vulnerability is subjective and relative.

The National Standards (not legally binding but to which enforcement agents are expected to follow) does give some guidance - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/353396/taking-control-of-goods-national-standards.pdf

Yes went to the council offices yesterday to sort out this years liability, and have extended the payments over 11 months. They confirmed that my payment date is the 28th, and I queried why I had received the 7 Day notice early?! They advised that the letters are automated and will look into the matter as they agree, letter should not have been received before due date.

What did your council tax demand for 17/18 say and what was the first instalment due ?