Sanwell council tax 14 days notice, liability order from 2007 received in 2017

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My friend received a letter from Sandwell Council regarding 14 Day Notice for tax liability order dated June 2007. My friend leaves in Sandwell council house from 2009 and this is the first time (it's been 10 yrs) he received any notification about the Liability Order. Previously, he was renting a room from his friend and the room payment was covering all bills, so his friend's name would be on the rent agreement. Could anyone advise if the council can request the money since they have not been in touch about the court order? Thanks

MJK

As i understand it, a council has to obtain a liability order within 6 years of tax being due.

They can then chase it for as long as they want.

Your friend needs the council to confirm full details of the liability order they obtained.

There should have been a council tax demand for the relevant period.

Then when it went unpaid, they would have issued a reminder at the time and then a Magistrates summons issued with a court date.

If your friend did not attend, then the liability order would have been granted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread