Welcome Finance old £10k secured loan/charge **SETTLED BY F&F**

JulieBolton79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I took out a loan secured on my home for 10k in July 2008 which after a messy divorce I defaulted on.

I had the usually harassment from Welcome and in the end changed my number.

I have being paying them £50 a month every since as a token gesture and I haven't spoken or communicated with them since.

I currently live with my partner and the house which the debt is secured against is lived in by someone else (tenant) so I have no post at present.

I have checked the Land Registry and there is a charge from them on there so I know they are not going to go away!

They don't appear on my credit report at all

I have no idea on the balance outstanding or of any offers made by them.

I would like to approach them with a settlement offer but I don't want to open lines of communication if it's just going to result in further harassment.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks, Julie

Hi

Sadly the bad news is Welcome Finance haven't totally gone away, they were taken over by a company called Prime Credit.

Even worse is that these people are just as bad as Welcome Finance, I took out a 15K secured loan 12 years ago and to my delight I find out I still haven't paid any of the capital off in 12 years.

This is despite the fact that my contracted payment was 260.00 per month and I was paying 300.00 for many years....they are nothing but thieves, they don't care about your financial circumstances and some of their customer services people leave a little to be desired.

Interestingly enough they are registered in Luxembourg and a detailed search will reveal that they trade as company called Alpha that was dissolved in 2015.

They have a website that you can keep up to date with your account, however they will never answer your emails (ever) and if you make a complaint they will block you from the portal

dave you need to start a new thread

of your own please

and go read this one..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?467097-Welcome-secured-loans-charge-now-sold-to-Alpha-Prime-repo-received-bal-all-penalties-PPI-MIF-LIFE-PPI-help

Hi,

I took out a loan secured on my home for 10k in July 2008 which after a messy divorce I defaulted on.

I had the usually harassment from Welcome and in the end changed my number.

I have being paying them £50 a month every since as a token gesture and I haven't spoken or communicated with them since.

I currently live with my partner and the house which the debt is secured against is lived in by someone else (tenant) so I have no post at present.

I have checked the Land Registry and there is a charge from them on there so I know they are not going to go away!

They don't appear on my credit report at all

I have no idea on the balance outstanding or of any offers made by them.

I would like to approach them with a settlement offer but I don't want to open lines of communication if it's just going to result in further harassment.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks, Julie

real shame you've been blindly paying them all these years.

send them an sar .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

real shame you've been blindly paying them all these years.

send them an sar .

I was thinking that would be a good start, do I need to use specific wording.

I naively thought paying something would look better than nothing if it went to court.

I understand I need to pay it back but I can't be doing with all the aggressive phone calls.

nope just click sar

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

Just an update on my case with Welcome,

I spoke to them last week and they were surprisingly helpful.

They advised as I had maintained my £50 payments for several years they had frozen the interest on the account.

I asked if they'd accept a full and final offer and they said I could make the request and they'd get back to me.

I had taken out 10k and over the years had paid around 7k.

They said the outstanding balance was 7.5k

I offered 4K and they accepted.

I have asked for confirmation in writing and that the charge on my house will be removed and they are sending it out.

I will have paid around 11k in the end which is a result I'm happy with as I spent the 10k so it's fair.

Just wished I'd not had 10yrs I'd worry about it.

Just wanted to share a positive story for those losing hope with Welcome.

well done

and they