Homeswap and Local Housing Plan in a Rural Village.

MrJohnW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, If this is not the right place could someone kindly move it or advise a better place?

I moved to a Rural Village with my wife 2 years ago to be closer to her family so I could get some help and support looking after her. A month after I moved in First cut the bus service and then two months later all her family moved out(over an hours drive away) leaving us stuck in this horrible little village. Neither of us can drive nor can we afford a car.

We have tried everything to get out, private rent, medical re-banding etc etc and been given the finger at every turn. Our only hope is getting a swap. This is a very small chance as apparently everyone round here knows how horrible this village is and won't live here. We have now found out from the housing association that in order to swap(over a year after we joined the register) that the other tenant must have a local connection as per the village plan(these houses were built two years ago specifically for people with a connection to the village).

I have read the plan and nowhere does it state that swaps are to be enforced only new allocations, I have spoken to housing and planning at the local council and they have stated that swaps will be enforced.

Any help here? Where can I go? A swap is the only chance we have of leaving and if I ever find anyone who actually wants to live here I cant have any barriers in the way.

Thanks

Is a home swap the only option ?

Surely, if you want to move, you need to find out where there is any suitable housing that you want to move to and go through registration process. Of course there might be local authority processes to ensure a fair allocation, but people do eventually get to the top of the list.

Have you spoken to the charity Shelter about the issues to see if they have any suggestions ? Also the local MP might have come across this problem before and might be able to provide helpful advice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Home Swap is the only option open to us to leave. Every other avenue has been explored and denied to us.

Contact your local MP with full details of everything you have gone through and see what they say.

I can't see that people are forced to accept living somewhere unless a house swap is arranged. There is a housing shortage and it might be that you have to wait on a list.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread