Cabot/Nolans Dumfries SPR claim - old Jacamo JDW CAT Debt***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so just browsing and came accross this post https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?281328-Can-a-DCA-issue-a-Default-notice-after-the-account-has-been-assigned-to-them&p=3173037&viewfull=1#post3173037 "this is where dca fall flat on their face

if the debt has been assigned in this case with no termination or default notice from the oc, then the assignment is illegal and as the oc has infact terminated the agreement by selling, all you will be liable for are the arrears up to the termination" is this the same as what nolans are saying by just claiming for the arrears?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So got to court this morning, a local solicitor had a word explaining nolans had instructed him to ask for dismissal with no expenses to either party.

I said I would like expenses he said he didn't blame me looks like it's been a mess right from the start!

I waited to go in front of the sheriff and the local explained the situation to the sheriff he told me he didn't want to put me off ...and then proceeded to put me off!

he said for expenses there would be another procedure I would have to work out my expenses, there's a table of fees,

I would have to omit to the other party etc.

I got the feeling he didn't want me wasting any more time and I don't blame him as he has kind of been on my side from the start holding nolans to script proof,

I am quite happy with that and didn't want any more stress so I said I would just leave it.

I really would just like to thank you dx and Andyorch you both do amazing work here.

Cheers.

Edited by dx100uk
paras

Well done Gerald....so actually the claim was abandoned or dismissed ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Did you ever receive a Abandonment Notice from the claimant ?

The only reason i ask is with regards to your last post........

9.8 How can a claimant abandon a claim?

(1) A claimant may abandon a claim any time before the sheriff decides a case by sending an

Abandonment Notice to the respondent.

(2) That claimant must at the same time send the court a copy of the Abandonment Notice

with evidence that it was sent to the respondent (for example a postal receipt or a copy of

an email).

(3) When the court receives the Abandonment Notice, the sheriff must give the parties

written orders.

(4) Those orders may dismiss the claim.

(5) Those orders may do one of three further things:

(a) order that no expenses are to be awarded to any party,

(b) order that a sum of money is to be paid to a party or to a party’s solicitor, as

assessed by the sheriff clerk, or

© arrange an expenses hearing (see Part 15).

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I definitely didn't get an abondenment notice although I did get a message left with the other half on Friday saying I needed to contact them urgently before my case hearing on Monday, I'll ring up the clerk tomorrow and find out.

hey well done everyone.

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...