Lowell and Provi doorstep loan CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

looks like they are trying the ppi miss sold one but this is neither

this is irresponsible lending

I have e mail FOS saying this was irresponsible lending and have stated that they will not consider it and I think FOS are interested in this claim

due to the ongoing issue with provi

we will wait to see what FOS comes up with

thanks DX

Thank you for your email to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).

I understand that you are looking to make a complaint to Provident about irresponsible lending and the firm have rejected this on the basis that it is more than six years ago. You want to understand if the six years is from inception or six years after the last payment was made.

FCA Rules

DISP 1.8 Complaints time barring rule

If a respondent receives a complaint which is outside the time limits for referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service it may reject the complaint without considering the merits, but must explain this to the complainant in a final response in accordance with DISP 1.6.2R.

The complaints handling rules set time limits for consumers to refer complaints to the Ombudsman. After these time limits have expired, the Ombudsman will need the firms consent to look into a complaint.

Generally, these time limits are:

• six months from the business sending the consumer a final response; and
  • six years from the event the consumer is complaining about (or three years from when the consumer knew, or could reasonably have known, they had cause to complaint).

Accordingly the rules do not specify whether the period begins from inception or from the date of the last payment as you are asking, rather from when you knew or could have reasonably known. If you are complaining about mis-selling then the mis-selling would have occurred at the beginning of the term of the contract and not at the date of the last payment.

I hope this information has been helpful.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I don't think the irresponsible lending stuff that we saw against PDLs was even around 3yrs ago?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

id wait

the FOS will pick up on things like that I'm sure

we've not seen the FOS ever mention statute barring toward any IRL claims to date

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

from FOS

Hi

As the firm will not accept a complaint from you on this matter then the Financial Ombudsman Service will not have jurisdiction to take a complaint from you.

That would leave you with seeking out your own independent legal advice on this matter.

The Citizens Advice Bureau provide some legal guidance and may be able to provide you with some guidance on your next steps legally.

can Andy englighten us on this one???

you've already outlined it in post 76

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Good moving fwd.

and they

• 1 month later...

Reply from fos

provi wont let fos look at the loans as it is over 6 years and they dont keep documents for longer than 6 years

however, told fos that provi have supplied me with accounts which span for 9 years

and that also they shouldn't need to talk to their agent regarding my credit search as they should have done this themselves

fos came back stating that they will look at the paperwork again and contact provi

Might not get me anything but its another official complaint against provi

when they wont want anymore

• 4 months later...

e mail from FOS investigator he is now in receipt of my files and will investigate further

however from lowlife asking if i was willing to make an early reduced payment this letter is now in the drawer

• 5 months later...

update from FOS

they have sent me a letter stating that they have had so many people who are quoting the 3 year period that they are looking at cases to see if

the arguments are justified in following the complaint

its just a matter of waiting

however if they do pass that they must pay then this will open the flood gate for so many people who have been treated wrongly

thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

yes a little dicky bird told me the FOS/FCA are seriously looking at this mis-interpretation of the CCL 3 yrs stuff

and they