Garmin Sat Nav purchased from Argos

less2303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a £200 Garmin Sat Nav from Argos in August 2015. By April 2016 I was having problems with `Live Traffic` and updating maps via PC.

From that time until now I have dealt with Garmin direct due to the problems being of a technical nature. These problems have been pretty regular between then and now, resulting in sending units back at my expense and periods of up to two weeks at a time without a sat nav.

I work as a professional driver and rely on a good Sat Nav to provide a good service. After still having problems with another replacement unit sent out in March I stated that I no longer wished to continue with the constant problems and requested a refund.

Garmin are telling me my contract is with Argos and Argos are saying its out of its 12 month Warranty period so cannot do anything.

Under the circumstances stated, do I have any chance of a refund and if so who should I pursue?

Any advice would be appreciated.

do you have written evidence that you reported the fault first and when was this?

CRA is your friend

who did you pay argos

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sorry yes.

its outside 6mts so as long as you have some form of written evidence say from garmin that its faulty

then under the CRA argos are required to refund as its already been repaired/replaced once.

warranty makes no odds and is totally irrelevant

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Thanks for that helpful advice.

This has been passed to Argos and the initial response from the CSA is still the same, so I have asked for the matter to be escalated to a formal complaint and `passed up the line`.

I will update further when I hear back :-)

Latest from Argos:

Unfortunately because the item is older 12 months old and we only have a 1 year warranty on all our products we wouldn't be able to honour a replacement or refund.

However if you were to take the item to say curry's and get an independent report done which will state whether the item has a definite fault.

If the item has a definite fault we will then be able to take further action and reimburse you for the report.`