Arrows/restons ignorant response Asda credit card debt

oakstar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

sent a cca to restons recently regarding an alleged arrow debt,

they refuse to give any detail other than amount allegedly owed.

Received this pathetic response from restons -

Re: Arrow Global Limited v. Yourself

Original Creditor and Product Type: Santander - Asda Store Card

Dear Madam,

We write further to receiving your recent email, seeking documentation pursuant to S77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We are under no obligation to provide the requested documents to you as we are not the Creditor; we are a firm of solicitors.

We have not been informed of any properly constituted request having been made pursuant to the CCA 1974.

Even if a properly constituted request has been made,

the Credit Agreement is only unenforceable until such a time as the request is complied with. It does not mean that the debt is indefinitely irrecoverable.

Your email is written in a format that we are familiar with and that is circulated on consumer based websites.

You may be encouraged to use this template in order to avoid the repayment of a legitimate debt.

It is our belief that you do not fully understand the nature of the allegations raised within your email.

We trust this clarifies our position.

We now require your proposals towards the outstanding balance.

As such, please complete a financial statement on our website at restons by no later than 13 April 2017; failing which, we are instructed to issue legal proceedings against you.

Yours Sincerely

Miss N Didsbury

----

anyone give me the best way to respond to this claptrap,

needless to say they haven't responded within the statutory time limit to the cca request.

appreciate the help if poss, i'm helping a disabled friend who can't take their harrassment any more.

Be careful with Restons. They are not the idiots many make them out to be. They are a debt collecting firm of solicitors with a good success rate and have the habit of securing unsecured debt through charging orders on property.

Whether their letter is correct or not someone with more knowledge than myself will need to comment - but I was under the impression you would need to contact whoever now owns the debt for further information - or you CCA Restons if they issue a summons for the debt.

Success with judgement by default.

Restons and the DCA know they have to comply with the legal request,

but they will almost always lie and mislead you so you give up and they get the judgement.

They certainly are idiots and would be laughed at if more people stood up to them and knew their rights.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

"They certainly are idiots and would be laughed at if more pople stood up to them and knew their rights."

Unfortunately - and I know this from bitter experience - a lot county court judges take what they say as gospel. And as said previously they win an awful lot of the cases they take on and not all by default either. Do not underestimate them. They may have the odd idiot working for them - and what organisation does not - but generally an outfit that gets results for those that employ them.

No. They take whateveidence they have, If you know your rights, you can counter them every single step of the way. They rely on total ignorance and scaring people into submission.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Restons are most def idiots

Now what is this debt all about

Is it on your credit file

Is it defaulted

When did you last pay it

No you don't reply

And what made you cca in the first place

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then you need to look very carefully through CAG success stories where Restons have been involved and then trawl through all the threads where Caggers have been screwed over.

You will find that Restons have triumphed more than you think over many who had excellent advice from people on here.

The justice system is stacked against you before you even start as many LIP's are viewed as time wasters trying to avoid their obligations by many of the judges you come up against.

If Restons were so bad they would be put of business in a flash.

Yet they have been around for years screwing LIP's left right and centre.

A few years ago I was one of them but I ran up against a very biased judge and a barrister from a London chambers in my moment with them. Others who were in a similar position to me at the time also got royally screwed by them as well.

So, as said before, be very careful taking on Restons.

They do, as the ad states, what it says on the tin.

I'm not an apologist for them - I hate them with a vengeance.

But I do not want any LIP thinking they are morons who do not know what they are doing.

They do know what they are doing and they do it well.

thanks guys, this is a vulnerable case - a disabled persons carer, no other income other than disability benefits, no collateral, no chance of any future income. they can't remember when any last payments were but it's close to 6 years they think, they don't how much but it's from an asda store card originally. restons have been informed but don't care.cca was a legit attempt to find out from restons that missing information.

go ring asda and ask last payment date.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then you need to look very carefully through CAG success stories where Restons have been involved and then trawl through all the threads where Caggers have been screwed over.

You will find that Restons have triumphed more than you think over many who had excellent advice from people on here.

The justice system is stacked against you before you even start as many LIP's are viewed as time wasters trying to avoid their obligations by many of the judges you come up against.

A few years ago I was one of them but I ran up against a very biased judge and a barrister from a London chambers in my moment with them. Others who were in a similar position to me at the time also got royally screwed by them as well.

But I do not want any LIP thinking they are morons who do not know what they are doing.

same with all the reston threads here

why have you suddenly decided to start frightening newbies even more than they already are?

and they

stop giving misinformation one case does not fit all. Restons are no different to any of the other DCA/solicitors for hire, just comment when giving proper advice not speculation.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Restons shill?

no just had an unusual case in a way

it was the OC and restons.

and numerous years ago

things have somewhat changed.

and i'm not really 100% sure it was defended the correct way

or the way cag indicated

and they