Made a complaint to fos about paypal - small print in Adjudicator conclusions email

parity4all
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Made a complaint to FOS about paypal. Just got a reply. Seems like the adjudicator's provisional conclusions. He's found paypal had done no wrong.

Here's what it says on the bottom of his email:

what happens next

If you don’t want to take your complaint further, you don’t need to reply.

But if you don’t agree with what I’ve said, please let me know why by 6 February 2017. I’ll look at any new information you give me and let you know what I think.

Notice the change in font size, when it says "But If you don't agree with what I’ve said, please let me know why by 6 February 2017. I’ll look at any new information you give me and let you know what I think."

I had to really strain my eyes to read this.

Surely this is a nudge tactic by the FOS to close-off complaints.

• 2 months later...

Paid for an English teacher training course using Paypal. The payment was held for Payment review by Payal for just over 24 hours.

Experienced a lot of friction, stress and bother due to this. When I raised it as a complaint, Paypal didn't reply.

Raised it as a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The adjudicator told me FOS can only look at what's in the Paypal agreement. I disagreed, and told him that UK law, EU directives and regulator's rules apply.

The case was then looked at by an Ombudsman. Please see decision attached below:

There is no way I can accept this ombudsman decision (I still believe in the law of the land). For complaints about paypal, note that only 1 in 20 complaints are decided in favour of the consumer. 'Sour grapes'?, I doubt it.

Just started a blog giving all the details about this complaint, so others are aware:

https://financialombudsmanbiased.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/complaint-about-paypal/

Paypal-Final-Decision-upload.pdf