Emex/Nationwide mortgage charges

sam1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a problem with E-Mex/Nationwide.

I sent them a letter (template from this site) asking for unfair charges to be refunded.

Took the mortgage out 10 years ago (interest only) and have now just sold.

a few years into the mortgage i got into difficulties and they served a possession on me which I managed to get suspended. Since then the account has been up to date arrears paid up etc

The charges on the account however, total nearly £5000 all of which consist of DD charges and solicitors fees of £2000.

I received a letter from Nationwide saying that they had reviewed these charges and would be refunding £800 to my account.

I called them and they try to side track you saying that Emex levied these charges etc but they have made a gesture and think thats fair.

When I challenged them on the £2000 solicitors fees from as they put it third party companies, I was told that I could not see them as this was a transaction between Emex and their own third party solicitors!

One of the issues that created these charges were caused by the fact my wife paid it every month by way of Bank Transfer and although the money hit their account instantly, they said it could take up to 7 days to find its way to our account. Which meant we would be in arrears.

I dont know really where to go with this? any help greatly appreciated

did you do a spreadsheet and calculate the full value of what they owe you?

I wouldn't ever be ringing them

they'll simply fob you off

you can also reclaim the arrears fees and letters fees

debt management etc

have you all the statements?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, I think that you need to give a more detailed breakdown.

In particular, can you tell us about the late payment charges. How many of them were there and how much was each one?

What did it all add up to?

How badly were you in arrears without the charges?

If you can say that the arrears were essentially caused by unfair charges then I think that you won't have too much difficulty in establishing a case for unfair treatment.

However, you will have to be much more detailed about the position.

Have nationwide actually refunded the £800? If so, have you signed anything

Also, as suggested above – you should not be phoning anyone but if you do then you should first of all read our customer services guide and implement the advice there.

This is essential when dealing with any company

i haven't accepted anything from them just called and questioned their reasoning behind their decision. told them I wasn't happy with this and would be writing to contest. I have all the statements and just running out onto spreadsheet. There's a lot.

I was 4 months in arrears and repaid all outstanding debt. charges with solicitors cost £4,947.