Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Amex

Default Re: Amex

cared?

don't worry about the T&C's if they've not got YOUR name on them
    bogroll

think you are going to have to await the SARicon and all the statements.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2007

Sorry should have read Card Holder Benefits, I'm currently holding a baby and doing this with one hand.

Are you saying you think the CCA is enforceable?

haven't done that in a few years....

the cca could be ok as such
    but i'm more interested in bottoming out this massive discount.

so at present you've no statements?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Shame about the CCA, I was hoping as it lacked a signature from there side it maybe unenforceable, I only have recent statements, im sending the ID for the SARicon today. When I get the SAR what should I be looking for?

use copy of CTAX bill too as the SARicon told you in the first place..................

their lack of sig does help you no...

obv when you get the statements
    I bet theres £1000's gone out to PPIicon [or whatever they call it ] every month in dribs and drabs that you never signed up too.?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I hope you are right but suspect there is no PPIicon.
    If there is not I'll have to go to the DCAicon and see if they will still go for the 50% over 2 years.
    I'll post again once I get the SARicon.

no you do not deal with any powerless DCAicon

they ARE NOT BAILLS
    AND HAVE
    NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

DX

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I have the SARicon,
    I've gone through my statements and as I thought there is no PPIicon,
    there is about £50 of late payment fees from just before I put the account into a dmpicon.
    The vast majority of the debits are the interest charges as you would expect.

Apparently the account is with FirstSourceLLP but they have never contacted me, not really sure what to do.
    Amex have not registered a default and the account does not show on my credit file
    but I really don't want it being added back on and adding a default.

Should I go back to Amex or FirstSourceLLP and see if they will still go with the 50% settlement offer which is about 4K which they had said they would accept over 2 years.

I'm tempted to offer the 2k paid by the end of the June which I could just scrape together.

look at the SARicon comms/account log
    find the old default or default notice date.
    then it cant comeback on your file

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

They haven't issued a default. Should I be trying to settle this or be sit till I'm chased??

let see the next move

I really cant understand this discount
    there must be a reason in the SARicon you are not spotting
    go read the comms log very carefully

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I've been through the comms log in detail,
    the last action was from a DCAicon closing the account as it was uneconomical to recover.

My last contact from Amex said it had gone to a different DCA but I've never had any contact from them,

I've also heard nothing more from Amex.

Do I just sit tight?

so def no sign of an old default?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

It talks of a default for a couple of hundred quid but the account balance is over 8k.
    I've never seen a default and the account doesn't show on my credit files.

I've just look through some more documents,
    I have a letter from 3 years ago which is a notice of default saying if I don't pay X within 14 days the account will be terminated etc. That payment was never made.

From the comms log it says they stopped reporting to the credit references in 2015 but they don't know why!

The question on an internal email has been asked if the account has been defaulted but there is no reply to that question, just saying nothing is being reported to credit reference agencies.

I would suspect that it was defaulted years ago.
    and that's why it doesn't show.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

So should I just sit tight? My concern is my other defaults drop off in a couple of years and if Amex stick one on now I'm back to square one! As I say I'm not be chased, nothing on credit files from them.

id let it run
    I expect they know more than you.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Ok thanks

Basic Account Holder

So quick update and question, every month I get a statement from AMEX which says the account is closed the full balance is due and its been referred to a collection agency, no interest or charges are being added, but nobody has been in touch from any DCAicon, so Iím just sitting tight. However quick question, Iím about to move house, so should I inform Amex of my change of address?

Yes and not only on this debt
    All listed creditors you might owe money too

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details