building min contractor has locked us out of our home, and refuses to carry out the job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems that a large number of my messages have vanished from this thread. Also no private messaging is possible.......

THANK YOU??!! BYEEEEEEEE

she!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderation would mean site team suppressing the posts before the email notifications of a new post got sent to subscribers, so there would have to be a "suppressor" lurking full time.

Together with (the somewhat 'passive/aggressive', and overly 'Capitalized')

THANK YOU??!! BYEEEEEEEE

It fits better that this is just a case of the 'drama llama' not getting the attention they desire.

https://www.thinglink.com/scene/534291055521038338

I'm just surprised it wasn't "GoodBye, cruel world!" Or "GoodBye, cruel Internet" .......

Don't worry, they'll be back, even if it takes a new login......

I can't see that any of Mrsshe's posts were been deleted on my moderator panel. Must be a technical glitch (possibly at your end Mrsshe - you can refresh the thread if you want to see whether your post was successful).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

problem is that when people dont understand the advice they are given they tend to belive that it isnt correct so seek other advice that fits their preconceptions better.

As a general point It is critical that people read what is said very carefully so things are not misunderstood. There has been some excellent advice on this thread that seems to have been missed or ignored becaue of a belief that a contract exists that allows no further questioning of what the builders were up to.

All contracts can be broken, it is the cost of breaking the contract that varies. Some contracts are so awful they are unenforceable and I suspect that this would eb one of those. Also, contracts cant be assigned unless that has been previously agreed.

Again I doubt if there was a lawful assignment in this case so the builders were just causing criminal damage rather than doinga job of work if you want to follow that particular fork in the road.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Unfortunately it's difficult to think straight when you've been done for £30k by criminals.

There's always the fear of doing something illegal against the criminals and get in trouble.

Media have been instilling this fear for ages by reporting half stories of decent people done by the law for standing up to criminals.

Not trying to defend the undefendable, but I can understand that after losing £30k, the reaction could be either to be very cautious and try to legally recover the money without making any mistake, or go crazy and take the law into your own hands.

Very little in between in my experience.

you can determine ( end ) the contract at any time for any breach, just do it writing now!

You can sue the QS if he has signed of work that has not been done!

\its your property, so you can enter at any time, follow h and s rules if you want to. Contractor cannot bar you.

Has PC followed CDM regs and provided a Health and safety plan? breach on its own. ( see HSE CDM regs ).

You can make a claim under the housing grants construction and regeneration act 2011 and adjudication for the costs paid and work not done. the advantage is they have only 14 days to respond!

if you get your claim this will help in any court action you then undertake.

You may need some professional advice from a surveyor or legal eagle tho.

Good guidance for you Mrsshe. What's your thoughts.