MMF - Still acting dodgy Wageday Advance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

10 days ago, I get sent an e-mail from MMF saying my debt is being referred to Moriarty Law. Ummm, OK then.

I replied saying, "I have no knowledge, please provide agreement etc". 4 days later, I get e-mailed a copy of an agreement from Wageday Advance. The signature is dated 23 November 2012 and the credit limit is £120

I then asked for statement of account, breakdown of charges and notice of assignment. On 23 March, I get a very simple breakdown saying the loan date is 1 May 2013 and the original loan value was £330

Those two don't match.

I asked if this debt was included in the redress scheme arranged between MMF and the FCA and was told it wasn't.

On Friday, I asked for the complaints procedure and for all debt collection activities to be halted; I got that today.

I will be asking for this debt to be included in the redress scheme and for all current and future collection activities to cease.

All I can say is, if you get an e-mail from MMF chasing debt ask for proof and lots of it.

They were also stripped heavily of anything they could do. Theyre all teeth and no bite now.

Also, have you ANYTHING in writing ( not email)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well today I got a response to my complaint. In part, it said:

We have reviewed the loan agreement which had been sent to you and can confirm that this relates to running account credit. The loan agreement provided shows your first contract with the business but as this is running account credit, further loans can be obtained under this agreement. We trust that this helps to explain why the details vary, however, if you would like further information on this, please feel free to query this via [email protected].

Surely, if a new loan is issued, a new credit agreement is issued too?

They have said this is their final response and invited me to complain to the FOS within six months.

Me thinks they are in error as a running credit agreement is for things like a credit and store card accounts. That is you pay off parts that then increase the original borrowing level (Credit limit)

With a personal loan you either need an agreement to vary the original signed by you, or a totally new credit agreement.

Had this when i had dealings with providant doorstep loans and weekly collection. Was offered another loan with original still oustanding and had to sign a new credit agreement

Motor mouth finance are not very bright but wait for more comments as this is only my own personal experience

Edited by obiter dictum
  • Confused 1

MMF have gotten several default judgements in court recentlty by serving claimforms to old addresses.

that's all this is about..

we've won in court

here go read

now cough up mug.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...