• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

blemain adding £1000's in charges - help

marco23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

i am in a bit of a panic with this lot and hoped someone can tell me how Blemain function with there charges,

,i have two secured loan accounts

around 4 years ago i fell behind with payments,

i have since cleared this up however it has left me with charges of £1000 on each account which are collecting interest.

i phoned them today because at minimum i really need to cover the interest at least to stop them increasing,

if i make a normal payment via online it wont come off the charges it comes off the account balance,

this was said today over the phone,

i have to make a phone payment and request it comes off the charges,

i ask on here where are the charges if there not on my account balance do they make a sub account for them?

i would be most greatfull of any help with this,

one more thing,

is it worth going to the FOS to try and get them to dump these charges

i have had to post an update to my post,

i have spoken to blemain today and my charges are separate from my main accounts and have arranged to at least cover the interest on the £2000 by paying something in monthly,

that's no problem and my accounts are maintained

however the loan balances on the two accounts have hardly come down over the last 6 years and i nearly owe as much as when i started off,

,,why is this when i paid the arrears off and the charges are separated from the balance,

,,im at my wits end and its making me ill

if anyone can assist with any thoughts please do so as i dont know what to do

thanks in advance

STOP, speaking to them over the phone, keep everything in writing.

Have you got the agreement and the T&C's for this agreement?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've never heard of charges being kept separate on another account. They are usually part of the loan which is why it's not reducing as you'd expect. More info needed on your particular loan to understand the situation.

Just wondered, i've seen the three commas used in posting on CAG by one or two others. Is it a special style?

Request statements from the time the loan started to get a clearer picture.

Hi marco,

I have merged both your threads, please continue to post here regarding this matter.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

In order to reclaim the charges and interest upon them, you will need all the statements to compile a spreadsheet.

Then you can begin reclaiming them back.

If you dont have all the statements, send a sar to blemain to get them.

Forget FOS with this, waste of time, you claim them back through county court.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

hi marco 23

CAG will get back your charges especially all the phone call ones £35 a time blemain charged.

They can not do this anymore charge for things like this its been stopped.

CAG are well known for winning against blemain you may also get back your 2 loans money) i pray you well and you will be fine if you use CAG

It upsets me how we have all become so stressed and unwell under blemain its got to end now.

good luck and please make sure blemain dont just take refunds off account,

also go for undisclosed commission fees back

this is properly why you got huge bill,

its not your bill at all its costs you were not told about at start of loan.

Blessings and im sure you will have good news soon )))))))))

hi martin2006 hope you are fine happy wkend to you ) and see im getting braver on here arnt i ?

im sure we can set every one free on here consumer forum martin whose in the pit,

im fed up with the hell and games blemain have caused me and other customers its time for releaseusall isnt it,

no wonder i did that name releaseusall if blemain want to hold money in end it will now cost them thousands cos money is root of all evil who ever loves it most more than people and love,

but integrity is well worth having and makes the soul good. I tried doing link martin for new post but it didnt show ive asked dx100 to help I will go and see on my posts if site team answered now)

marco23 was your loan inbetween 2004 to 2010? and yes my loan went up 11 grand more too.

Edited by dx100uk
Please don't advertise - DX

Your threads are flagged for admin attention releaseusall

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

renegadeimp hi sorry what does that mean flagged? for admin

oh sorry does that mean they trying to help ? hope so cos i need to do new post ):-)

while there doing that can they sort my inbox and out box too lol

messages i seem to have got it stuck on a page i cant budge oh dear

(:x if its meant to be like that its ok cos ive had a lot of people on here victums under blemain who have tried to inbox me for chat.

Do not worry fellow friends cos i will post info on here on mine and also on your posts to help

releaseusall,

I have removed the Solicitors name from your post, Touting for business in any way – including the posting of customer recommendations in against site rules.

Regards,

Scott.

As maroondevo said,

i had to report your post as what you posted is not allowed.

Your other posts are helpful.

But do not post recommendations of companies.

The op can do anything those companies can do, him/herself.

Thats why we are here.

We can give them the detail and advice needed so they can do it step by step and get the max amount owed to them, without a company interfering or taking money from them.

• Haha 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

yes i see what you mean

i didnt realise i couldnt post solicitors name on here, and yes this site is very helpful and friendly and gives good information and support.

I seen so many posts on the this site on blemain i havent read them all yet, but im sure they will be posts on loans in between yrs 2004 to 2010 loans took out

you would think by now blemain would realise we are HUMAN BEINGS and we will fight back for our rights we are not just a number, an account if blemain wont listern we will look to go court.

I was doing new post to find more blemain customers who had same problems and same yrs we all had, but i can solve this maybe without a new post heading )

renegadeimp hi sorry what does that mean flagged? for admin

oh sorry does that mean they trying to help ? hope so cos i need to do new post ):-)

while there doing that can they sort my inbox and out box too lol

messages i seem to have got it stuck on a page i cant budge oh dear

(:x if its meant to be like that its ok cos ive had a lot of people on here victums under blemain who have tried to inbox me for chat.

Do not worry fellow friends cos i will post info on here on mine and also on your posts to help

just to be clear as you appear not to have read our rules

we need to protect all users

that includes yourself.

if you get a private massage from anyone wanting help

click their username and click find all threads

then reply on their thread on the CAG forum

NOT reply by PM with help.

this protects you, as we can see what advice you are giving [don't forget we can be legally held responsible for what you do on CAG!!]

as well as what you get yourself into via PM.

you have no idea via PM who you are really talking too, it could be a wolf for them that's been here years as a sleeper .

and ofcourse theres the other side to this ...

if you help or be helped by PM

NO_ONE BAR YOU OR THEM GETS THAT HELP.

what if we allowed ALL THREADS to go that way..

you'd not have found CAG nor been able to read whats happened to others and how they've been helped.

rather selfish..dont you think ....not what CAG is about,,,

golden rule...

keep things on thread

NOT post via PM>

hope this helps

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes very true what you say dx100uk,

i was concerned by one person on here,

cos of my evidence on blemain in court that i havent been able to post this evidence on here to protect myself mainly,

i know blemain wont like it what they received in post from court.

I know that wolfs are around

i have checked already on here,

so dont worry dx100uk im alert enough to see who maybe a sleeping wolf,

i spoke to my son about this 4 nights ago.

THANK YOU FOR HELP AND GUIDANCE much appreciated.)

If you think someone is a sleeper, please PM an admin so they can deal with it.

renegadeimp said:
If you think someone is a sleeper, please PM an admin so they can deal with it.

hi renegadeimp

its ok at in cos i checked the persons post seems fine,

you must realise that wolves really are people unhappy who think mainly of money, greed, themselves and they dont keep to rules,

i suspect on my case one of the wolves was in a situation and didnt know what to do , scared and

so im not blaming them i questioning why BLEMAIN have their own (rule book)

so if a wolf was trying to worrying me about my heavy evidence they need not fear.

Its Blemain responsable for all these loans unenforceable.

They should do checks and act more sensible with these loans that need closure.

As for their manners that is very very wrong indeed and the staff who have been constant nasty should never have been allowed to talk to customers that way and dictate to us, as it shows staff just did and do what they want especially collection section.

It has only been in last year blemain got proper SUPPORT TEAM seperate from collection section, but i still sense at least 2 staff on this support side are from collection section, cos they speak with a nasty bite.

Only recently i was took from collections to support team and i reported constant abuse from collections and from then on i had to report every time i rang and got collections first and they had to put me through to support team and they still rude until support team made them straight away put me through not have a go.

Awful yrs of collections team speaking negitive things over me and threats and jokes played on me one joke for a month and games and we ring you back in 2 days so you stress whole 2 days not knowing what they do? regulary that was done to me. I just want release now and forget after see it as rotten chapter in my life etc.

i would like to say weldone for marco coming on here )

its a brave step but now you have done it uou will feel better)

more need to come on here with their storys for yrs 2004 to 2010 and brave it cos they done nothing wrong dont hide come out and be HEARD and set free from blemain. You derserve it

many thanks for all your replies,

during the last conversation with them they told me the charges don't show on your account balance and if i want to reduce the charges i have to ring them,

if i make a payment online it does noes not come off the charges

'this is prop why im getting a default every 3 months'

i will send them a SAR for both accounts and follow up.

many thanks to all who have had an inputim going to find what paperwork i can over the weekend,

it does not add up to me-why did she tell me the charges are separate from the balance of my accounts,

and if they are where are they hiding,

all very strange,

as i posted above i will now do a SAR on both accounts,

and then get back on here,

have you any idea of the success rate for claiming back these charges?

i will send them a SAR for both accounts

marco, one SAR should get you everything they hold on you.

yes marco23 ive got back charges without sar

,they know what your charges are and support team can take these off now.

Mine came off my account.

As for defaults i got defaulted after 2 days late payment which wasnt my fault

bank left reference number off

and i rang blemain and told them payment on way and they went crazy and 2 x 50 pound charges

and i also got repossession letter and bank stepped in and spoke to blemain 4 times and over 4 wks i and bank had awful calls from blemain collections team

in end bank sent letter saying their fault not mine to blemain the payment was found after 5 days it showed my bank

what blemain are like to deal with and blemain spoke rude to my bank.

Several times my bank over the yrs had to BLOCK blemain from putting in checks early in my account for payments and also my stress level increasing over the yrs petrified if ref left off what blemain do to me next time.

So as i said blemain know how much they owe you, tell them also have a meeting they are good at these once a month they decide whose getting hell on their account, and who isnt, i want out and refunds.

I say marco23 if you go up to your local court as i did and talk to them they will help.

Mine gave me a refund form over blemain i filled it in and sent it off.

Claim for refunds ok )

and what you want any other thing ok put on form .

Its fast process they will write back to you quite quick i got letter back with 10 days and court served blemain papers, also the judge looked at human rights on mine.

You will be glad you came on here marco23

i hope others do also TAKE LEAP OF FAITH and talk on here as then a new chapter can start take control and be heard and others on here customers of blemain victums can help answer with what they have done and doing about case with blemain(together).

A default goes on your credit file, so your credit rating will hit rock bottom.

Thanks to blemain .

Mine is awful i want my defaults off you cant default when there is a payment plan in place, and i had a payment plan in place, they just do own rules.

Marco23

if you want to look for paperwork charges on your account its up to you,

but i suspect with your charges etc refunded and undisclosed commission fees this would make your balance clear.

But do not sign any final agreement over your complaint ok )

court help you know with any questions you have.

My paperwork i sent court they wrote me regarding something i needed to do and then send back to them so i did what they asked, court is a place that they are only people, but doing the jobs of judges etc.

• Like 1

Firstly, I can't quote from my post 4 strangely enough. That said, I asked why three commas used in the previous post. The post I referred too has now been altered. The three commas have now turned up by another poster on this site. Answers to my observations appreciated.

releaseusall, you do not need to make a dozen posts when you can fit it all into one, especially if youre trying to increase your post count.

Firstly, I can't quote from my post 4 strangely enough. That said, I asked why three commas used in the previous post. The post I referred too has now been altered. The three commas have now turned up by another poster on this site. Answers to my observations appreciated.

Hi, looks like there was a post deleted as it was almost a duplicate of the op's 1st post, think that's why you had trouble quoting your post which was #4 but now is #3.

I did also see the three commas you were talking about but not sure where I've seen them before.

so releaseusall user-online.png you issued a claimfom for charges and won then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well done releaseusall,,

could you point me in the right direction for a template letter for the SAR as i will send it ASAP

,im sure ive seen one on here and when you want it you cant find it

,,any other advice on how you proceeded would be welcome