• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Brighthouse 5 star service - 3yrs old washing machine- they wont replace it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

Had a whirlpool washing machine off brighthouse which I have been paying for 3 years with insurance cover and only have 2 weeks left to pay.

The washing machine bearings have gone and brighthouse sent a guy to fix it and he said they will right it off and left a form.

I contacted brighthouse and the lady said because it is 3 years old she is having trouble replacing it and would I like a new one with a reduce price which I refused.

Now the lady is saying if it is replaced it will be one that is 3 years old.

I am a bit confused

on their website it states if they cant fix the item they will replace with new.

She also said because our washer is now 3 years old that it is not worth anything and the price for it now is zero and she doesnt think she can find a like for like.

I need to phone them back tomorrow so any advice would be great thankyou.

Edited by Raco

If it states that on their site, then check your cotract too. It would be misselling if they advertised it but wasnt in your agreement. Breach of contract if it was in there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Youll need to post up your agreement and redact any personal info. Also, have you tried contacting their head office? If it says on the site they will repair or replace with new, then they have to adhere to it

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hi sorry to say I haven't got my agreement contact from 2014,

im not sure they even gave me one

all I have is statement of credit agreement from jan 2017.

My agrrement is from 2014 which it is like for like swap as stated on their agreements before 2017.

she is saying that they cant replace it because the item is 3 years old and worth zero and that they cant find a machine 3 years old to replace it with.

total crap

you've paid for their compulsory insurance

it clearly states replaced with new.

if she keeps being obstructive,

then tell her you want all your insurance monies back as well as the interest they have charged on it

then you'll go buy a new one elsewhere.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well ive phoned them and they said the item would have to be like for like and that it will be a 3 year old washer the same as ours.

They refuse to fix ours which looks brand new.

Im confused regarding the like for like and if that is acceptable,

I have been paying for the five star package since 2014 and thankgod I have only 2 weeks left,

If only I could claim back all that five star insurance they told me I had to have or no item.

you can reclaim 5star hidden insurance

get all the statements

via an sar

knock up a spreadsheet and letter of complaint

[we have them]

and put them in.

then goto the FOS with it all when they refuse you.

I take it you are so far doing this so far by phone you need to formerly complaint in writing to head office

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thankyou for the information dx,

my 1st step would be to request a SAR.

Also does anyone know about this five star policy

is it like for like or new for old,

on their website its called brightcare now and that is new for old but since my item is from 2014 its kind of confusing. thankyou

5 star t&c's should be here or on the web somewhere

I'll look later

and they

• Confused 1

and they

Hello.

Had a whirlpool washing machine off brighthouse which I have been paying for 3 years with insurance cover and only have 2 weeks left to pay.

The washing machine bearings have gone and brighthouse sent a guy to fix it and he said they will right it off and left a form.

I contacted brighthouse and the lady said because it is 3 years old she is having trouble replacing it and would I like a new one with a reduce price which I refused.

Now the lady is saying if it is replaced it will be one that is 3 years old.

I am a bit confused

on their website it states if they cant fix the item they will replace with new.

She also said because our washer is now 3 years old that it is not worth anything and the price for it now is zero and she doesnt think she can find a like for like.

I need to phone them back tomorrow so any advice would be great thankyou.

Good Morning Sir/Madam, as this is a public forum, I ask that you email (quoting your CAG icon reference in the subject line which is 324644). Once we have been able to establish your account details, we will help you in any way we can and will be able to advise you of your options. Alternatively, I would encourage you to consider contacting our Customer Relations Team on 0800 526 069 as this would allow for us to discuss your concerns with you directly and allow for a speedier resolution. Again you can quote the six digit reference and we will be able to assist you immediately. Thank you

Many Thanks, Rahul (Web Relations Team)

ringing is fine, as long as it is recorded....

but I caution using any form of comms that is not written

so you have a paper record of it.

and please comeback to the forum to update us.

you DONT have to accept or believe anything you are told on the phone.

dx

and they

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Like for like.. this could be interpreted to be a new washing machine that costs the same as the the price of the original machine. Just offering an opinion, not a fact. Maybe this could be an option for Brighthouse to refuse.