Zinc / CRS/ Xercise4less

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I was first contacted by The Zinc Group on 24/02/2017 asking me for £171.47 for their client 'CRS on behalf of Xercise 4 Less'.

I was a member of the Nottingham branch of this gym during my final year of university, and I paid the minimum of 11 monthly instalments of £9.99 between 26/10/16 and 25/08/2016.

After this point,

I had already moved away from nottingham

I just cancelled my direct debit and assumed that would be the end of it.

I now realise I made a mistake and should have notified the gym that I wanted to cancel.

Since the first email from Zinc,

I have received two others,

the first offering a reduced one-off payment of £128.60, and then another asking for the full amount around a week later. I have not yet responded to any of the emails.

Having read numerous other threads on this topic I realise I should not pay the full amount, although I do accept that I made a mistake so would be willing to pay something, just not the extortionate fee that they are demanding.

Do you have any advice as to what (if any) move I should make?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

N.B. The address they have for me is my old uni address, so I think the only correct information they have on me is my email address.

Hi Adon and welcome to CAG

It's important that Harlands/CRS have your current address so you always know what they're up to.

Use one (or more) of my letters to tell Harlands (not CRS or Zinc) :-

1. Your current address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for all future letters but they shouldn't waste too much paper as you won't be paying them a penny more.

2. You paid all you agreed to for the 11 months that you originally committed to, so you will pay nothing more.

Keep the letter v short and send to Harlands Haywards Heath address.

No need to reply at all to the begging letter from Zinc.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Just remember no dca has any powers whatsoever

They are not bailiffs

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...