style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I've recently received a PCN from Camden council on 17/03/17 at 22:45 for briefly stopping at a bus stop to pick somebody up.

My query is whether or not the PCN is valid on the grounds that the field entitled "Make and colour" has been printed as "Unknown NOT STATED"

All other information like vehicle registration, time, date and place seems to be correct, supplied with still images taken from video footage.

According to this website

trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk

"The relevant traffic regulation order (TRO) is invalid

There has been a procedural impropriety by the council

This means the council have not complied with the relevant regulations. For example:

the penalty charge notice or another document did not give the required information."

I'm not sure if the make and colour is regarded as "required information" if the vehicle registration has been provided.

Has anybody else encountered something like this before ?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated!:-)

Thanks for your reply Jamberson, no it's not a kit car, it's a standard Toyota Prius

Sorry for the late reply, i think there is a delay on the site as your message appeared recently as i have been refreshing page since my post.

Edited by ilx

how is the bus stop marked out? Some are an absolute no stopping and others arent, just no parking, which is different. the paintwork and signs will determine which is which.

The identification is needed in case you challenge the ANPR's accuracy in picking out your reg number so if the car on the CCTV is say obviously a Morgan 4+4 then it is likely that an error has been made as you have a Prius. However, as you recognise the incident that isnt going to be arguable.

Here is a copy of the actual PCN, showing images of the alleged contravention.

I think the state of the PCN accurately reflects my mood at the time! :-D

tinypic.com/r/jacgp2/9

Thanks for your reply ericsbrother, i believe that there is no stopping at the bus stop in question, hopefully the image provided helps.

If you turn up nothing else, and even if you do, I would appeal on the fact that 'make' is not stated. I believe it's a requirement, so if the CEO left it blank, then he/she's not completed the PCN correctly.

Thanks for your replies everyone!

I have decided to appeal the PCN on grounds of Procedural impropriety as they have not fulfilled the requirement of stating "Make and colour" of vehicle

I have received an email from Camden council stating:

"Please note that your challenge has been received and we will respond within 10 working days"

I will update the thread once decision is received.