style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just looking for advice re a purchase I made via Ebay.

I bought a Nutribullet in Sept 2015, it was advertised as an authentic model.

It arrived, I used it about three times and put it away.

I used it last Sunday and it blew up in my kitchen, plastic and smoke everywhere.

On looking further I discovered that some unscrupulous traders were in fact selling counterfeit models on Ebay and alas I had fallen victim to this.

I sent photo's of my Nutribullet to Highstreet TV who confirmed that it was indeed a fake.

I contacted Ebay who basically said that as it is around 18 months old there is nothing they can do and I should go through the small claims court for the £100 that it cost me.

The seller is still active on Ebay

I paid for it through Paypal, and Ebay told me there is nothing they can do either.

The seller is in China, another point I did not take on board when purchasing it, so I think the court route is a no goer.

So do I have to just accept that I bought a dud and have lost my money.

Hi, unless you have plenty of money to spare, I would put this down to bad luck. The chances of getting your money back are slim to none.

I would ensure that Ebay take the correct action and bar the sellers account

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Maybe High Street TV might be able to bring some pressure to bear on EBay and close the seller down.

Can you involve trading Standards to help make EBay sit up and take notice?

Thinking out aloud. While EBay can make money of the seller I don't they will look after your interests.

Oh, can you claim the money back via Paypal? Did you use your credit card to pay for the item?

Edited by Mrs Hobbit
Font large

all too late to recover your money via ebay or paypal. However, there is the tarding standards route so grab the seller details (order another one as a buy it now and note the sellers postal address- ie dont select pay by paypal and a postal addy for cheques will appear) You can aslo get any of the consumer help people in your favourite newspaper on side if TS arent helpful All of this wont get youa refund but it shopuld put the sller out of business, even if temporarily

another thing, if you see high end labelled goods for sale new on ebay they are all fake. Most of the secondhand ones will be as well. The designer label good makers arent going to trash their premium price cachet by flogging stuff at an online car boot sale are they? They often take down the sellers of their stuff, even if it is a genuine article so Tiffany & Co items cant be sold that way, even if genuine because of a deal struck between some of the big names and ebay

Guest Mrs Hobbit

thee was a bit on the BBC Fake britain regarding the contereit nutribullets (this was some time ago), so trading Standards are aware of this happening.

I am sorry I didn't read it was back in 2015 that you bought the item.

EBay has to close this seller down. Only thing is he will pop up again in another guise, thing is if it is out of China. I am also wondering about the import and customs crowd. I have to pay HMRC import duty for certain items I buy in from overseas, so I am wondering who has paid the import duty for these items? Maybe they don't attract import duty. I know Customs seize a lot of counterfeit goods at the point of landing, , so is there a reseller here in England if the goods come out of China.

Get the info you can and give this to your local TS office.

Hi All

Many thanks for all of your replies, all very good advice and I will act upon it.

I will get in touch with TS standards tomorrow.

Regarding the importing side of things, I have noticed that there is a GB VAT Reg No. and something to do with London, but no telephone number, only an address.

So I think that I do not stand a chance of getting a refund, but if I can save somebody else from buying these fake items and losing money and risking injury when using it, then it will be worth it.