Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2012

Default Default Judgement Against Securitas Security Services

they are just trying to bully you into agreeing with them, they know that they arent going to get a set aside. You should find a method of recording the calls, even if it is a pocket memo machine held to the phone. Once you have r recording of them you can go after them for harassment and breach of the DPA
    Have you looked into Dun and Bradstreet credit worthiness yet?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    letsmakeamark Novitiate letsmakeamark's Avatar

Cagger since : Jul 2008

Personally am not bothered about it. Trouble is they are suffering because of it. Now a days any sort of judgement means major contracts go. Also you cannot renew or tender for contracts as the company and directors have to be free of any judgements. This is a nightmare for them. They should stick their little finger out and sort it. I would not be surprised if there are other people out there who have had serious problems with them and are wandering what to do. Just like what happened with JBW A few years ago. As far as helping i will. It gets to a point when you know a company is taking the peas out of you.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

I think this has now died down as have received no sort of contact from the other side. Something may kick off later. If i was this entity and had a judgement. I would be desperately tying to get rid of it as government contracts etc require that the contractor does not have a ccj etc. Correct me if i am wrong.

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Received letter from other side stating that if set a side is not voluntarily agreed then hearing will be applied for and call transcripts etc will be provided to the court. Also apparently a barrister is being appointed. This will be be persued strongly and recover any and all costs that fall due.

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

Have they said why it is just/reasonable for you to agree a set aside?

Bearing in mind they are a large company who:
    A) no doubt have a legal team they could have defended the case..... or
    B) could have paid the judgment to prevent the CCJ showing on the register and sought an appeal / set aside at that stage prior to the judgment becoming enforceable (& showing on the register)

If they are threatening costs, point out that you are happy to have the court decide who is better placed to know the court's procedures & who has followed them .......

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

They have confirmed a claim formicon was recieved on time but was not passed onto the right department. Internal muck up.

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

thye are talking utter b******.
    let them do their worst, which will cost them a fortune, you nothing and they wont get anywhere. They can apply for a set-asideicon for 255 if they wish to and get on witrh it rather than ever contacting you so ask yourself, why havent they? Answer? they wont get one so they need you to agree so they can then try and save face.
    Sod them, ignore.
    Dont enter into any correspondednce witht eh or they will keep going on about this for ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsmakeamark View Post
    Received letter from other side stating that if set a side is not voluntarily agreed then hearing will be applied for and call transcripts etc will be provided to the court. Also apparently a barrister is being appointed. This will be be persued strongly and recover any and all costs that fall due.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Would it be worth notifying their customers of this ? I have again written to them and told them the matter is closed. If they were to go any further then i will produce their solicitors first letter to confirm claim formicon was recieved at the correct address. Would it be of any good if the clients were to get wind of this judgement ?

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2010

No. You want to look like you are doing the right thing at all times.

Have you thought about asking them, whether they are willing to make you an offer, as it is their fault if they failed to follow the proper process of dealing with the court claim after they received it. As far as you are concerned the matter is closed, but if the CCJ on their records is causing them a problem, perhaps they need to make an offer, that is satisfactory to all parties.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

They dont want to go down that route. They are claiming that they are certain they can have it set aside at a hearing by involving a barrister and so on. Unfortunately i am used to this sort of talk as you may recall me having a run in with jbw and ccs enforcement limited and getting all that off them.

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

As the HCEO earned fees from enforcing, i doubt they would want to set aside either, as presumably it would mean refunding their fees ?

Do they think that your original court claim can be defended, if there was a hearing ?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

I do not think there is but i am sure this lot will try and think of something. According to their solicitors letter . The claim formicon was received at the service address and the next few weeks it was passed around from pillar to post. A payment was made to the hceo a day before he turned up. There was no protest etc. It looks like something has happened. change of mind or something. It just shows even though they are a security company providing security services they can arrange a proper P*** up in a brewery. Also from my understanding. Their government contracts state that they should have no ccj's. They have probably realised the severity of it. Trouble is they didnt take it seriously from day one. If they had bothered replying and dealing with everything from the start things may have gone another route. However they decided to ignore everything. Their contracts manager and regional manager couldnt give 2 hoots about it. Hr were non existant but give them a chance now and they will try anything to avoid what has happenned. Still dont think they have learnt anything.

Follows
    Following

Let them do their worst. They arent going to get anywhere and they know it and that is why they are harassing you. The only thing you should say is that if they dont stop it you will be suing them for that as well.
    They pay the solicitor so he is going to say what they want him to say and dress it up to look like he is the oracle on this matter. Ignore them and if they write again you send a letter saying that thsi is harassment and you will treat their behaviour accordingly and that may include further court action.
    If they have worded their letters exactly as you report they know that it is an abuse of process and harassment so will be very wary of then going for a set aside anyway.
    I repeat, if they are so sure of their set aside being granted they woulf ahve just done it, not tried to get you to agree to reverse the courst decision and pay them back the money. The fact is they lost and didnt appeal so that is that.

They dont want to go down that route. They are claiming that they are certain they can have it set aside at a hearing by involving a barrister and so on. Unfortunately i am used to this sort of talk as you may recall me having a run in with jbw and ccs enforcement limited and getting all that off them.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Yes i agree as well. they would just go for a application without saying anything to me.

I think it will now finally die .

A form has been lodged with the county courticon notifying a solicitor is acting on behalf of Securitas.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Vauban Informative Vauban Informative Vauban Informative

Cagger since : Mar 2014

Good for them. But acting in what? Unless and until they make an application for a set aside - which they could have done at any time and yet oddly haven't - there's no case. There's nothing in what you've told us that gives obvious ground for a court to agree a set aside and frankly the longer they leave it, having been aware of this for quite some time now, their chances of success become even smaller.

Surely it would better for their Solicitor to negotiate a deal that works for both parties.

CCJ removed by consent if, claimant keeps the judgement money plus gets x as a ex gratia amount for inconvenience, HCEO retains their fees etc.

It could be resolved quite quickly with a bit of commonsense and save Securitas money.

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

It depends.
    What does the OP want?

They might get a bit more cash out of Securitas
    (but will need to be careful how they discuss this :Highlight the inconvenience they have suffered and let the other side offer it!! ; the OP doesn't want to be accused of demanding money under duress....)

However,
    the OP might decide that whatever additional sum Securitas is offering is paltry compared with knowing that Securitas has a CCJ registered against it as a record of their behaviour ......

Quote Originally Posted by Vauban View Post
    Good for them. But acting in what? Unless and until they make an application for a set aside - which they could have done at any time and yet oddly haven't - there's no case. There's nothing in what you've told us that gives obvious ground for a court to agree a set aside and frankly the longer they leave it, having been aware of this for quite some time now, their chances of success become even smaller.
    I agree.

CPR 13 lays out the 'ground rules'.

Eventually i issued a small claimicon against them in january this year for 1873.01p.
    It was deemed to be have served on them by 1st Feburary 2017. The date for defence to be in was 15/02/17. However for one or another reason they never replied. I sent my request for judgement in and recieved a judgement against them.
    OP then clarified

They have confirmed a claim formicon was recieved on time but was not passed onto the right department. .
    Was this that they never acknowledged service?
    Or they acknowledged service but didn't lodge a defence??

From the timings it suggests they never issued the AoS and then never defended.

So, it seems likely they might apply (if they do!) for a discretionary set aside (CPR 13.3) rather than a mandatory one (CPR 13.2).

Vauban has hit the nail on the head regarding a discretionary set aside
    Quote Originally Posted by Vauban View Post
    frankly the longer they leave it, having been aware of this for quite some time now, their chances of success become even smaller.
    So if they do try for a discretionary set aside, you don't have to agree, and one ground for opposition would be them not acting "promptly"
    [ CPR 13.3(2) ]

With the judgment being from early March (or before), you have a good case to state they haven't acted promptly, even if they say "but we were trying to obtain a set aside by consent, first"

you have been sent a copy? if not how do you know?
    This doesnt mean that they will get the set aside though and even if they do they will then still have to explain everything all over again or admit they owe the money.
    It all looks like an attempt to clean up their records because no-one wants to allow them credit. Plnety of big firms in the constriction and services industies wnet under not long ago and most of them had big contracts with councils but collapsed because they couldnt pay small bilss in hard cash and yours is a bit like that.
    A form has been lodged with the county courticon notifying a solicitor is acting on behalf of Securitas.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

This was discussed and this side of the picture was shown.
    They will have none of it.

To make sure everything was dead i phoned the court and asked them.
    They confirmed that a solicitor is now acting for them and the notice was recieved recently,
    A claim formicon was issued and served on the defendant at their business address and not registered address.

This according to them was received and someone instead of allowing a member of staff to send the acknowledgement off . They were told to wait for somebody who was on holidayicon.

Then for some reason they cant explain why the file went to the wrong office.

It sat there until they recieved a letter from the h.c.e.o .

They couldnt match my details once the h.c.e.o had contacted them as they didnt know who i was.
    This is despite me notifying thier hr department of the judgement.

They paid the hceo and then decided to find out where the claim had come from.

It then went to thier solicitor who wrote to me and then things moved on from there.

The calls i have received were from thier credit department.
    Someone promising to teach me a lesson who is in Birmingham
    Personally i couldnt give two hoots about it as it was done and dusted.

Firstly they completely ignored all correspondance from me.
    I had to do the chasing around.

secondly they were so screwed up they couldnt handle a claim form.

Thirdly they did not respond to my email to them regarding the judgement.

Fourthly they admit they never knew who i was this despite the claim form having a reference number on it and correspondance etc attached to it.

They then change strategy and start playing big brother.

Bloody well annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details