Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Gold Account Holder Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2008

Default Default Judgement Against Securitas Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by BazzaS View Post
    It isn't a matter for the public to decide : only for the public to ensure the person made the company aware & didn't conceal it from the employer.

Write (a factual letter, in neutral tone) to the HR dept. of the company.
    If the employee declared the matter to them and they chose to employ him then it is no business of yours.
    If the employee concealed relevant history then HR can investigate.

Tell them, not us.

I still don't think it's any of their business and should not be trying to get someone sackedicon out of spite.

People are allowed jobs and a life after being bankrupticon. They've been "punished" and served their time and it doesn't sit right with me writing to HR. It's non of our business.

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2010

And if it is seen as a campaign of harassment, no doubt the company can then report to Police as such.

Enjoy the win and don't let it turn into a campaign of trolling this company. They have been damaged by the CCJ.

Gold Account Holder Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative Ganymede Authoritative

Quote Originally Posted by unclebulgaria67 View Post
    And if it is seen as a campaign of harassment, no doubt the company can then report to Police as such.
    Indeed.

Basic Account Holder Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative Sangie595 Highly informative

Cagger since : Nov 2016

It isn't a matter for the public to decide : only for the public to ensure the person made the company aware & didn't conceal it from the employer.

Write (a factual letter, in neutral tone) to the HR dept. of the company.
    If the employee declared the matter to them and they chose to employ him then it is no business of yours.
    If the employee concealed relevant history then HR can investigate.

Tell them, not us.
    Given the OP knows the company knows, I rather suspect that they have already done so, and posted this here because the company ignored them.

OP- this is not your decision. And yes, it's a vendetta. Why would you paste full details, including putting the persons name in enlarged font and color just to ask an opinion that could have been asked without ANY personal deals being posted? I really don't think this is appropriate and the site isn't about "naming and shaming".

Gold Account Holder BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    I still don't think it's any of their business and should not be trying to get someone sackedicon out of spite.

People are allowed jobs and a life after being bankrupticon. They've been "punished" and served their time and it doesn't sit right with me writing to HR. It's non of our business.
    IF written to ensure the person had been honest, then it isn't to punish them for being bankrupticon.
    It is if the person has been open and honest with their employer about a relevant fact.

However, I suspect (as others seem to) that the OP is on a vendetta / 'mission', even if they claim to be acting 'for the good of the company's customers'

However, if the employee has been open and honest then such a letter won't cause them any harm : HR already know, and will file any such letter (or, even 'circular file' it).

If the employee is in a 'regulated' post with access to financial information, then the employer will have credit checked them (+/- a DBS or eDBS). If this is the case then the company will certainly already know, and the OP can't claim to be acting other than spite, when they shouldn't write:
    a) as it wouldn't add anything,
    b) as it'd be just plain wrong to do so.

IF written to ensure the person had been honest, then it isn't to punish them for being bankrupticon.
    It is if the person has been open and honest with their employer about a relevant fact.

However, I suspect (as others seem to) that the OP is on a vendetta / 'mission', even if they claim to be acting 'for the good of the company's customers'

However, if the employee has been open and honest then such a letter won't cause them any harm : HR already know, and will file any such letter (or, even 'circular file' it).

If the employee is in a 'regulated' post with access to financial information, then the employer will have credit checked them (+/- a DBS or eDBS). If this is the case then the company will certainly already know, and the OP can't claim to be acting other than spite, when they shouldn't write:
    a) as it wouldn't add anything,
    b) as it'd be just plain wrong to do so.
    Still non of the OP's business in my opinion.

Site Team steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2012

All of this information is on the public record.

The employer can quite easily find out if an employee was made bankrupticon or disqualified as a director as part of the employment checks which any large employer would do on new employees.

I don't think pointing it out adds anything. Either the employer didn't check, or they checked and are comfortable with it. Either way the employer probably doesn't care.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    letsmakeamark Novitiate letsmakeamark's Avatar

Cagger since : Jul 2008

Back to topic. I will update once this set aside business is sorted out.

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

wont matter unless they are barred from being a director by CH
    Quote Originally Posted by steampowered View Post
    All of this information is on the public record.

The employer can quite easily find out if an employee was made bankrupticon or disqualified as a director as part of the employment checks which any large employer would do on new employees.

I don't think pointing it out adds anything. Either the employer didn't check, or they checked and are comfortable with it. Either way the employer probably doesn't care.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

it looks like they are asking you to agree to a set aside so they can save a few hundred quid in applying for one. Dont agree to it. There wont be any grounds for reversing the decision so any application will be about saving face.
    Dun and Bradstreet used to be the go to for checking the credit worthiness of companies. See if there is a bad mark they want removing if you can without subscribing

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Someone claiming to be from them phoned yesterday. They stressed the importance of agreeing to a set aside . They said normal practice is to issue proceedings against claimant and recover total outlay including HCEO costs's etc. So claimant becomes defendant and vice versa. Probably a tactic of some sort.

I hate bailiffs. Let me know if you have had a problem with them. I am sure i could upset them.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2010

Suggest you start to record these calls if you can and create a log sheet.

This might not be a one off call and they may keep calling you. If it gets to the stage of it being harassment, you need evidence to support this.

You need to simply state to them that as far as you are concerned the matter is closed, they should desist from phoning you and that you will be putting the phone down. DO NOT get into any conversation.

I can't see that there can be a set aside of this CCJ, as it is really too late for them.

Basic Account Holder Vauban Informative Vauban Informative Vauban Informative

Cagger since : Mar 2014

I agree that this is bizarre behaviour.

I cannot see how they could reasonably get a court to agree a set aside - unless it was by mutual consent. If you don't agree, I don't think there's anything else they can do. Certainly don't be intimidated by any suggestion that they can re-litigate, by making you the defendant in a separate action to recover monies paid under the Court Judgement. That would be kicked out as an abuse f process.

In terms of handling, I would tell them a) that you do not agree to a set aside; and b) that any future communication should be in writing, and you reserve the right to share these letters with third parties, including the court. I bet you'll never hear from them again!

Site Team steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered Authoritative steampowered's Avatar

If they say something stupid, like what you referred to in your previous post, just ask them to put it in writing. I bet they don't.

Follows
    Following

try ignoring them. They can apply to court for a set-asideicon of the origianl judgement by paying to do so and showing some reason as to why the judgement should be set aside (ie judge got the law wrong) and then submit all their evidence and still lose as the matters of fact werent wrong

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Just been told another call recieved from securitas and now court claim promised by thier credit control. Person has been told that securitas are going to persue this all through the legal system as will not consent to a set aside.

Basic Account Holder Vauban Informative Vauban Informative Vauban Informative

Cagger since : Mar 2014

Have you told them to put this in writing, as advised?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Yes . This is what they have been told.

Follows
    Following

The key question is told by who. If told in a formal letter from a solicitor or from Securitas' legal department, that's one thing. If just told by some debt collectoricon over the thing, its probably a load of tosh.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

No phone callicon's are from securitas. Not a debt collectoricon. Am awaiting next action if any. As far as i am concerned this matter finished with the hceo's going in. Now if they want to kick a fuss up then its their problem. The question that i cant answer is why did they ignore all previous correspondence and also why did they ignore emails sent to them regarding the judgement and paying up. Once this is sorted out i will put up a letter sent by their solicitor. They knew what would happen but turned a blind eye thinking his bark is worse than his bite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details