Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    robby212 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2018

Default Re: Dessault Systems Solidworks/CJCH sols - copyright infringement threats

Quote Originally Posted by solidsucks View Post
    I just got the same email and call asking for about 10 large. How should I proceed? I'm in the US
    Also just got one in the US.

The letter.

We represent Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation (“DSSW”) located in Waltham, Massachusetts.

As you may know, DSSW provides world-leading 3D design software and solutions to more than 150,000 customers in a wide range of industries around the globe. DSSW is the publisher and owner of all right, title and interest in and to its proprietary suite of software known as SOLIDWORKS (the “Software”). DSSW owns the copyright in the United States and elsewhere for this Software.

Our client has informed us that “insert company” has been using the Software without valid licenses in complete disregard of DSSW’s valuable intellectual property rights and in violation of the end user license agreement (“EULA”) governing “insert company”’s use of DSSW’s products, and specifically the Software. By engaging the sophisticated monitoring technology described in the EULA, DSSW has irrefutable evidence that “insert company” has accessed SOLIDWORKS Premium, the add-ons and other versions of the Software identified on Exhibit A attached hereto and made a part hereof.

“insert company”’s continued use of the Software without valid licenses constitutes infringement of DSSW’s rights under the United States Copyright Act and will likely subject “insert company” to liability for statutory damages. Specifically, U.S. copyright law provides for civil as well as criminal penalties for infringement. Even absent proof of any actual damages, a copyright owner such as DSSW is entitled to statutory damages of up to $150,000.00 for each work that is willfully infringed. See 17 U.S.C. Section 504(c). Each copy of the Software is a separate work under the Copyright Act, and DSSW has consistently registered its copyrights for years.

In light of the foregoing, we demand that “insert company” immediately cease and desist its infringing activities. DSSW is willing to settle this matter amicably upon “insert company”’s prompt purchase of the appropriate licenses and 12 months of subscriptions for SOLIDWORKS Premium and any other SOLIDWORKS add-on products indicated on Exhibit A. A DSSW Compliance Mediator will be contacting you to resolve this matter.

Any purchase of licenses to regularize your unauthorized and infringing use of the Software other than through and under the direction of the SolidWorks Compliance Mediator shall be null and void.

This letter does not constitute a complete or exhaustive statement of our client’s rights, claims, contentions, or legal theories. Nothing stated herein is intended as, nor should it be deemed to constitute, a waiver or relinquishment of any of DSSW’s rights or remedies, whether legal or equitable, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

Attached Images

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

Default Re: Dessault Systems Solidworks/CJCH sols - copyright infringement threats

The law of England and Wales is sufficiently different to US Federal law (they cite federal law) that I'm not sure it is wise that you are asking on a UK-focused site.

If your company wasn't using their software without a license, then reply, letting them know that (that much will be the same, whatever the jurisdiction!).

If it might have been, you need to find a US equivalent to CAGicon (or speak to an attorney in the USA).

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Posts moved to jozzle own thread.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...gement-threats

Please continue there.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    jeff9999 Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2018

Hi,
    We got the letter also. Really odd as we were given a copy from a former customer that is out of business now, and the machine we purchased already has it on it.

Not sure where to go with this one, they asked us to call them back.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

not read this thread then?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    jeff9999 Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2018

Read it, what is the advice currently? We emailed them back about how it was on and we really do not use it, then they called but did not speak to them.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Ignore!!

All and stuff they can do

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Solidsheet Novitiate

Cagger since : Oct 2018

Hi there!
    Same sheet for me

Here is my tips for avoiding any frustration with your illegal uses of Solidworks:

- don't add your company name in folder or Solidworks filename (this is how they find u)

- don't show your real company address on your website (this is how they fork u)

- use a firewall software (like Glasswire) on each computer and block any process coming from Solidworks (they are a lot of different program name) - this software spreads your datas to a lot of IP addresses in the world

c:\program files\solidworks corp\solidworks\sldworks. exe

c:\program files (x86)\common files\solidworks installation manager\backgrounddownloa ding\sldbgdwld.exe
    (processes dependings software version)

- using a firewall software will slow down your Solidworks.
    This is not firewall fault, this is Solidworks behavior as it will try to connect to a lot of different locations...

I recommend to jump to other competitors software like Autodesk Inventor (more cheaper btw)

Now my story:
    - Got CJCH email warming me about illegal licencing activity

- I answered them i've got an US legal version, they forwarded me to mediator in Spain

- He told me i screwed up to buy my legal licence in US even if my main business is registered in NV as i use this current licencing version on my laptop in my commercial french address

- He wants to get in touch with me by phone but i prefer to keep all exchanges by transcript

- He reported me 2 Mac addresses : one is installed on my laptop, the second one, i don't know what is this computer, i've checked all and i can't figure out where it is...

My questions:
    - Do you guys (stunned_monkey, sparty0_0 and others) have received a lettericon to pick up to post office from solicitor? Did they collect it?

- Did someone pay something to Dassault?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details