Argos leather sofas not covered under warranty due to wear and tear?

jazztheman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased two leather sofas from Argos around 12 months ago and still in warranty.

One of the sofas developed two problems,

the leather is peeling in one area and the seats have become very sagged.

An inspector came to examine the sofa and stated that the leather peeling was my fault and if it was a manufacturers fault the sofa would be peeling all over.

The seat cushions are also my fault and is down to wear and tear and there is no warranty claim.

Anyone had similar problems for Argos turning warranty claims for leather sofas?

Sale of goods act or whatever its called now. Any warranty is in ADDITION to your statutory rights. It doesnt replace them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

same applies CRA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I don't want the sofa replaced just repaired. I thought that sofas would last longer than 12 months,

I wasnt talking about replacing your sofa. I was talking about replacing your legal rights

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have seen these situations reported numerous times. The inspector on behalf of the retailer states wear and tear which is rubbish as the material should be expected to last a reasonable amount of time, without it peeling.

Get your own independent inspection report and be prepared to take Argos to court. In most cases people who do this will win, provided your own report into the quality of the material used and condition is clear and in your favour.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...