• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pdhl Dmp screw over need help and advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was with pdhl I'm now in a worse state than I was b4.

I went with a debt company for 3 months can't remember their name and they said they were no longer doing dmp and said.they gave my account to pdhl

I was paying 115 a month which was meant to be a 5 year plan.

I was paying 15 out to the debt to them

once I was with pdhl I was paying 15 like the others company as the honored the contract

I stopped receiving emails and all that from pdhl

would get a statement every few months

after a year I noticed it had gone up from 15 to 25 I was paying

I rang pdhl up and they said they would change it back

a few month later I noticed it hadn't changed

rang back up and they told me I signed a contract

I had to pay it

a few months after that I got a statement and noticed a month was missing

rang up they said it was their administration fee

they took one every year and the creditors knew about it

I'll cut to the chase

in 2015 I found out my plan had gone up to 50 a month them taking out

I rang up had a big argument

was passed on to one of their bosses

they said they were allowed to take up to 48 percent of a payment

I stopped paying them

3 months later they rang me up which was 2016 now

tried to get me to come back

I spoke to a real nice woman and told her I was on a 5 year plan and agreed to pay only 15 out

she was helpfull and sorted it out for me to pay 25

I had to go though the money again this and that and I stated to her I will agree only if you promised to make sure it was put right.

Well 2 months later I had 2 statements and guess what 50 was taken instead of 25

rang pdhl up they said I agreed to this I said no I didn't

I said if u listen to my phone call I stated it in 3 or 4 places I would only agree if it was dropped to 25

they them said they didn't have any recordings plus the women had left the company

I then told them I was going to go the cab and requested all my records of my signature and phone calls

they never sent me any thing and I then got a letter stating they were stopped by the fca

I'm now getting classed by my credit company's I owe money to with a debut of 3000 left and I only had 5500 and was with pdhl for 4 years or a bit over I

shouldn't be paying all this back still

plus.one.debut was only 100 and they're saying I still owe then 60 pound need help

simple fact is you got done over

as with all fee paying DMP companies

you don't need to pay a fee

and you don't need a DMP free or otherwise.

do it youself its easy!!

id be sending the fleecers an SAR

and then a CCA request to each company that you were paying thru that useless DMP.

can you list your debts please

what type was the credit

who was the original creditor

who you pay now

how much is owing

are these debts on your credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know I was done over I have been ringing the fca and been told speak to the ombudsman over it which I have rang but have not heard any thing back.

One was a pay day loan which was text aloan

2 were credit cards 2 provident and greenwoods

2 or 3 are on my credit file

my credit ratting dropped drastically when with pdhl

all in all I owe around 3000 left

Have asked pdhl for my records and had nothing off them

also can't get a hold of them any more gone into administration.

can you please:

individually answer these Q's

for each debt:

what type was the credit

how much was it for

when did you take it out

who was the original creditor

what is the defaulted date

who you pay now

how much is still owing

theres nowt you can do about PDHL now

as with all fee paying DMP you got screwed from the day you opened it

there are free SMP provider

and you could have done it yourself for free too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...