just done a PIP assessment: please can you help/ advise

advocatehelper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I’m trying to get an answer regarding the changeover from dla to ESA/pip.

My friend’s mother suffers from severe borderline personality disorder;

she has been on dla for over twenty years!

and did have until recently home-help

(Although I believe this is no longer the case)

her daughter recently took her to a atos/maximus assessment from which I understand it was specifically because Dla is changing to pip and they are medically ‘re-assessing.’

People that are changing over?

1 is this correct?

2 I assume if this is correct will she afterwards be on esa + PIP, as other claimants are? Or just PIP.

3 she recently (because of this changeover) was asked to attend a medical assessment for PIP.

From what I gather the PIP assessment is different/ more difficult than the esa assessment?

Is this correct?

4 I believe that her daughter does not know how the assessment really works?

The main question is if she fails

(as we have been told many people do, first time around),

are the procedures for preparing for the tribunal and/ or mandatory reconsideration the same as ESA?

5 In case of FAILURE,

are the papers you request i.e. details of assessment, assessors etc and papers and forms and the names, codes of the paperwork, assessors etc exactly the same protocol as if you were requesting documents if you failed an ESA assessment?

I.E if she fails could she be on no money until her tribunal appeal?

thanks

6 I have also been told that the onus of providing the paperwork, evidence of the claimant’s illnesses is the responsibility of atos/maximus/ capita / etc rather than the claimant? Is this correct?

7 I also believe my friend was not armed with the correct information regarding assessments to benefit her mother as well as required- can anyone suggest anything?

Thank you very much

Edited by dx100uk

she could have already have been on ESA, why has she never done so?

PIP assessment wont have anything to do wiith ifshe get ESA

she needs to apply for it

two totally sep things..

as for the rest

i'll let the experts advise soon.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sadly it is correct that anyone that is on DLA will be moved to PIP and will have to go through the assessment process which is what seems to have happened in this case.

1. Sadly the change from DLA to PIP is Correct.

2. As they were on DLA any changes would be to PIP (this is nothing to do with ESA)

3. You are probably correct they are more difficult.

4. See links below.

5. See links below.

6. No no no you try to get as much medical evidence in writing as you can to back up your claim even when awarded you still keep collating any medical evidence for the next assessment.

7. Was anything signed that the friend was acting on there behalf? if not then sadly the information for the assessment would be sent to the recipient.

Have they been told the outcome of the assessment?

Also have a wee look at these CAG links:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?407139-Personal-Independence-Payment-(PIP)-Sources-of-Interest-Updated-Oct-2015

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Mandatory-Reconsideration-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If she fails, her money stops after 4 weeks and that's it until she wins. This may also have an impact on her ESA.

The claimant has to supply the evidence. But from my experience, they ignore it anyway and go on what the assessor says, even if the assessor contradicts themselves. (as happened with me)

she isn't getting esa which is what puzzled me...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes ESA and PIP are two separate entities.

Migrating from DLA to PIP is another hurdle we have to jump in order to quantify our disabilities, the goal posts for DLA are different to that of PIP, in that they have moved them and just because you qualified for DLA, doesn't automatically mean you're placed onto PIP.

I never qualified for DLA, yet sailed through my PIP interrogation first time!?!

I don't know if there are any right or wrong answers, BUT, be aware of their leading questions designed to trip you up, and don't allow them to make ANY assumptions, prepare for the worst and for making an appeal, then if it happens you'll be ready, if it doesn't then all good, they also give you a prognosis, ie, when they will re-assess you, mine was ten years, some will be much shorter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

we know that..

we are saying SHE SHOULD BE ON ESA AS WELL ALREADY...

dx

and they